Interactive TV & in-room safe - Ruby Princess

grandmacruise

I've not been on Princess before. Can you tell me if you can access your onboard account and the daily menu on your TV?

Also, what type of safe do they have in the rooms? Electronic or they kind you use a magnetic card to swipe for opening and closing?

Princess does not offer interactive TV on any of their ships. But you can get a copy of your shipboard account at any time near the purser's desk by just swiping your cruise card, it will print one off in seconds. On ships that don't offer this yet, the pursers desk will print one off for you whenever you wish.

As for the safe, they are all keypad type, you make your own combination with four personal numbers you choose, no magnetic strip from a credit card needed.

I prefer a print-out of my onboard expenses so I can go over them carefully. While I've used interactive TV account systems in hotels, I've found them clunky and often difficult to use. Never needed/wanted anything like that on a cruise plus you can go and get a printout at the Pursar's Desk at any time.

Here are a couple of photos of the safe:

safe.jpg.f02f1829fc5fe8b6bbe04781291789a7.jpg

closetwsafe.jpg.1923402e98aad7b677217ac519e592e5.jpg

Archived