Explorer of the Seas - cabin question

Explorer of the Seas:

Please help. The balcony cabins on Deck 8 where the deck bowls out...near the internet cafe..... are these good cabins?

Is the E category much different than the D?

Thanks for any help.

Explorer of the Seas:

Please help. The balcony cabins on Deck 8 where the deck bowls out...near the internet cafe..... are these good cabins?

Is the E category much different than the D?

Thanks for any help.

We were in 7320, so directly below where you are considering, and it was a GREAT location. So convenient to the stairs and elevators, and nice views forward and aft:

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

The balcony also felt very private, especially since on Explorer the balconies are built into the bulkhead.

It was an E2, and we had plenty of space for the 2 of us and all of our stuff. I think there is very little difference between D & E.

There is no wifi in the cabins on Ex, but it was so convenient to just grab my laptop and walk a few steps to the Library to use the hotspot there.

Some day we will try a stern balcony for the extra space, but that is a LONG walk down the hall if you forget something. Hump cabins rock!

Sue

Both category cabins are the same width, The D's are about 3 to 4 ft longer then the E's. That is the only difference.

Jimbo:)

Thanks!

Now my agent has a cabin on deck 9... not a bowed "hump" balcony...

Please choose for me:

8624 or 9646. Not too much difference in price. Should I go with the higher floor or humped balcony???

THANKS AGAIN for any advice!

Thanks!

Now my agent has a cabin on deck 9... not a bowed "hump" balcony...

Please choose for me:

8624 or 9646. Not too much difference in price. Should I go with the higher floor or humped balcony???

THANKS AGAIN for any advice!

Hump all the way, IMHO.

There is no absolute advantage to being on a higher deck, and much advantage to being in a hump location. Yes, the pools and Windjammer are up top, but the Promenade is Deck 5, and the MDR is 3, 4, or 5. So you will be up and down decks all the time depending on what you are doing at any given time.

We loved Explorer!

Sue

Most bang for your buck would be cabin #1390 (Category D1) which is on the aft facing the wake. Very large balcony much nicer balcony then the side balconies. Long walk back and forth to the cabin but so much worth it for the view from deck 10. Even those aft D1's cabins themselves are a little bigger then the normal Category D1's on the side of the ship.

Have your agent search for it useing 3 people in the cabin, but it can still be booked with just 2 persons.

It's so much worth the extra $94.00 per person for the 9 days.

Most bang for your buck would be cabin #1390 (Category D1) which is on the aft facing the wake. Very large balcony much nicer balcony then the side balconies. Long walk back and forth to the cabin but so much worth it for the view from deck 10. Even those aft D1's cabins themselves are a little bigger then the normal Category D1's on the side of the ship.

Have your agent search for it useing 3 people in the cabin, but it can still be booked with just 2 persons.

It's so much worth the extra $94.00 per person for the 9 days.

Now, Jimbo, as I said, I really want to try a stern balcony one of these days. But whether the long walk is "so much worth it" is a personal preference thing, don't you think?

Just out of curiosity, I took a stroll around the ship on a sea day, and the walk to a stern cabin from the aft elevators is about 120 normal steps for me, so over 100 yards. I am all for getting exercise on a cruise to counteract all that extra food, but it's the convenience factor that has me hesitating. If you forget something in the cabin, it's not as simple as just popping in to get it. We really enjoyed the convenience of our hump cabin.

Not arguing - I really do want to try it some time - but every person has to weigh all the pros and cons.

Sue

Now, Jimbo, as I said, I really want to try a stern balcony one of these days. But whether the long walk is "so much worth it" is a personal preference thing, don't you think?

Just out of curiosity, I took a stroll around the ship on a sea day, and the walk to a stern cabin from the aft elevators is about 120 normal steps for me, so over 100 yards. I am all for getting exercise on a cruise to counteract all that extra food, but it's the convenience factor that has me hesitating. If you forget something in the cabin, it's not as simple as just popping in to get it. We really enjoyed the convenience of our hump cabin.

Not arguing - I really do want to try it some time - but every person has to weigh all the pros and cons.

Sue

It's less then a 2 minute walk from your aft cabin to the the aft elevators. If you are an able body and can handle the walking it is a great place to have a cabin.

You don't have to fight and save lounge chairs back there either:)

Archived