ask the experts :-) another sleeping arrangement thread

charlies_mom

Hi there family cruisers!

We just booked a multi-gen trip on the Liberty of the Seas for January.

My little family is book in two connecting inside cabins. This will be myself, my husband, my 4.5 year old son and my just turned 2 yo son.

I was *thinking* that we would have both beds made into queens. One for myself and one for the boys and just leave the doors open all night.

Do you think (has anyone) ever asked for the queen bed to be up against one wall. I was thinking that my 2yo could sleep against the wall and my 4.5 year old would sleep next to him.

What do you think?

They don't offer bedrails on the ship, do they?

I'm not sure about bedrails for the "real" bed....I know they have them for the pullmans...perhaps they'd work on the bed.....they may be able to move the bedside table (there's one for each side of the bed) and shove the mattress up against the bathroom wall.

Even if they can't, the bed is pretty large....and not too high, so your littlest one should be ok!

Hi there family cruisers!

We just booked a multi-gen trip on the Liberty of the Seas for January.

My little family is book in two connecting inside cabins. This will be myself, my husband, my 4.5 year old son and my just turned 2 yo son.

I was *thinking* that we would have both beds made into queens. One for myself and one for the boys and just leave the doors open all night.

Do you think (has anyone) ever asked for the queen bed to be up against one wall. I was thinking that my 2yo could sleep against the wall and my 4.5 year old would sleep next to him.

What do you think?

They don't offer bedrails on the ship, do they?

Well, we had them move the queen bed up against the wall..removing the night stand, to make room for my wheelchair...so I don't know why they wouldn't do it for you for the children!

The stewards pretty much will make up the room however you want it (within limits of the room, of course!! :D )

Have a great cruise!

we did this on Carnival last year--on the left when entering the room there was sofa, nightstand, bed, bed(to make Queen bed), nightstand, wall. We moved it around to sofa, night stand, nightstand, bed, bed, wall-- 2 purposes for us-- one so child sleeping in bed would not fall out and 2nd benefit was that we opened up more space in middle of cabin for 3 kids to play -- the steward even offered to take away the coffee table :).

Only negative was I'm sure it was a little bit more difficult for steward to make the bed daily-- but we tipped extra at the end of the week.

Yes sometimes bedrails are offered

thanks everyone!!!

we are in the little tiny inside cabins, but with two of them, we will actually have more square footage then the rest of my family in aft balcony cabins.

I will definitely ask the steward to remove the glass coffee table from the boys' room. One, to make more space and two I can just see my clumsy two year old crashing into it.

I found, on target.com, an inflatable bolster that we are going to get. This way, the configuration will be wall, 2 year old, 4.5 yo, bolster on the bed.

yay!

We will definitely leave an extra $20 or something that first night after he changes everything, if all goes well.

Not sure what an inflatable bolster is, but I have heard of people using those pool noodle things in beds even at home instead of the bed rails so maybe you could get one of those and it would have multi uses. I think you just put it under the sheet and it's just enough of a bumper to keep your LO from rolling out of the bed.

Not sure what an inflatable bolster is, but I have heard of people using those pool noodle things in beds even at home instead of the bed rails so maybe you could get one of those and it would have multi uses. I think you just put it under the sheet and it's just enough of a bumper to keep your LO from rolling out of the bed.

Great Idea!

The pullman rails are fixed to the bed. There are several companies that make portable bed rails (we have 2 made by Safety First) that are fairly small to pack and work great. The only problem with having the bed up against the wall is that the little one will have to crawl over the older one to get out of bed, that may be the makings for feuding (don't know your kids, but my boys would not be happy with that arrangement)

Archived