Pros and cons of anytime dinning

SISer

WIll be on the Vicotory and thinking of anytime dinning. Are there any drawbacks to anytime dinning. I read some reviews where people have complained about the service.

Which should be quicker? Main dinning room or anytime dinning? I just want to eat, not chit chat. Don't flame me for this.

Also, I am traveling solo can I get my own table at anytime dinning?

Also, does anytime dinning offer the same menu as the main dinning room?

Thanks.

Personally, I love it and it's gotten us sailign with CCL again. You get different waiters/staff every night so you won't get a 'bond' with your server, but thats fine with me because I've never really looked for bonding with the servers, table tricks, chit chat, etc. If they don't know my name, it really doesn't bother me in the slightest.

You can go anytime, last month we waited 5 minutes the first night and never after that first night. Went anywhere between 6 and 9. Menu is the same. Its much quicker because you don't have to wait on other folks at your table to finish courses. I saw several people eating alone at their own table. If you prefer to sit with someone they will sit you at a communal table, otherwise just tell them you're a single and want your own table and it will be no problem. Anytime dining is the best thing CCL has done in the past few years, in my opinion.

WIll be on the Vicotory and thinking of anytime dinning. Are there any drawbacks to anytime dinning. I read some reviews where people have complained about the service.

The "drawbacks" to anytime dining are that you don't get waiters that pretend to know your preferences (they don't really remember in "formal dining"..they write them down and check them off as they prepare for dinner). So they might not be pouring your unwanted beverage, or pretend to be interested in your life. They'll just do their job with the same efficiency and courtesy..just not with the pretentiousness. You won't generally get the same waiters every night..unless you happen to go to dinner at about the same time (your preference) and sit in the same section of the dining room.

You also may not see the "entertainment" -- the dancing/singing waiters thing. Depending on when you go to eat, you may be fortunate enough to get through your whole meal without this nonsense.

Which should be quicker? Main dinning room or anytime dinning? I just want to eat, not chit chat. Don't flame me for this. No flaming here. I agree entirely. The "chit chat", trying to make small talk with strangers, drives me crazy. You won't have any of that. It's quicker because you're usually at your own table, and don't have to wait for anyone else to be seated, coming in late, or any of that. You'll be seated, handed a menu, and the waiter will take your order, like at a chain restaurant.

Sometimes there is a bit of a wait -- I've never waited more than 10 minutes. Usually you are seated immediately. And if there are 2 dining rooms available for anytime dining..if one does seem particularly busy, try the other.

Also, I am traveling solo can I get my own table at anytime dinning? I don't know. We're a couple, and have always gotten a table for two..but I really didn't notice if there were singles eating alone...

Also, does anytime dinning offer the same menu as the main dinning room? Yes, the menu is exactly the same.

Thanks.

Have a great cruise!

I have never been on the Victory or experienced anytime dining...But since it's a different port everyday which has different times, I'd enjoy the flexibility of anytime dining. My table mates and I were supper polite to dining waitstaff...He was very short, would only say "you sir?" "you ma'am?", there wasn't any bonding for our entire table.

Archived