The Dream's Upper Deck?

tigger77732

I am on booked for the upper deck on the Dream August 7th. We just realize by looking at someone else's photos that the Upper deck is just above the promenade.

So I am wondering if this was a bad choice? Will we deal with lots of noise and little privacy, being so close to that promenade?

I called my agent in a panic only to be told all Balconies are sold out so I cannot move my room.

Any thoughts?

I am on booked for the upper deck on the Dream August 7th. We just realize by looking at someone else's photos that the Upper deck is just above the promenade.

So I am wondering if this was a bad choice? Will we deal with lots of noise and little privacy, being so close to that promenade?

I called my agent in a panic only to be told all Balconies are sold out so I cannot move my room.

Any thoughts?

What cabin number? Not much privacy on deck six as deck five is a full promenade deck

Here's a photo I took from the Promenade looking up. The first deck above is, of course, the Upper Deck. You can see into the balcony to a degree.

Dream101.jpg

Reports I've read indicated that it really wasn't an issue or was any noise. Most folks say that unless you lean over the balcony railing that you wouldn't even know that the Promenade was there.

I think you'll be fine.

:)

We are midship- 6406.

I just didn't realize it was so close. We are used to the upper deck on Valor and Liberty and when you looked down, there was water.

Hopefully someone that has been in or near that cabin will pipe up. When I looks at the deck plans it seems that cabin is right over the candilevered hot tub and the doors to Ocean Plaza. I have read some reviews that it can get noisy as folks talk above the noise of the jets and are coming in and out of the Ocean Plaza.

Hopefully yours will be a quiet cruise and you won't have these. Hey just make sure you are the ones in the hot tub.

We are midship- 6406.

I just didn't realize it was so close. We are used to the upper deck on Valor and Liberty and when you looked down, there was water.

We were in cabin 6262, noise from the deck below wasn't much of a problem, but it was a very cold January and not many people were out and about. We thought the lay out of the cabin was great, but we would never pick that cabin again - just because we like to be on our balcony and see the water. We are going to try a cove balcony on the Magic next September, just so we can see water and not the people walking by or the lights from the deck.

Any thoughts?

Are you sure all balcony cabins are sold out?

I am on the SAME sailing as you are and I check the Carnival website daily and sometimes a few times a day for price drops (I booked Early Saver so can get drops until day of sailing).

Anyway, right now there is a special on cabin category upgrades and it looks like there are many balconies available.

Please take a look at http://www.carnival.com and let me know if this is correct and if you are able to upgrade.

I've been on here a lot (usually sail RCCL) and at first booked midship Deck 7 balcony with the teens across the hall. After seeing pictures and reading some reviews, I moved to Deck 8 verandah floor, 4 cabins from the aft (with the kids across the hall again).

Please take a look and let us know if you can move.

I'll see you on the ship!

We were in cabin 6262, noise from the deck below wasn't much of a problem, but it was a very cold January and not many people were out and about. We thought the lay out of the cabin was great, but we would never pick that cabin again - just because we like to be on our balcony and see the water. We are going to try a cove balcony on the Magic next September, just so we can see water and not the people walking by or the lights from the deck.

Thats what we enjoy, looking into the water. Well, we will make the best of it and learn from it on our future cruises!

We were on the Dream in April for a last minute (a month out)cruise in cabin 8387. It does get noisy during the lanai bbq with the scrapping of dishes, the sound carries up and sounds like it is in the cabin beside yours. Also the hot tubs are great if you are in them but if you want to sit out on your balcony for some quiet time it wasn't gonna happen as the conversation carries from the deck below plus people talking in the hot tub. Our biggest disappointment was it is light all night looking down onto the deck instead of down at the water. The Dream was okay but we did switch out next years cruise to the Legend. Cruises are great no matter what but if we can control the things that matter most why not?

Archived