Snorkel Park Fee (again)

Katar

I know this was asked before but I still wnated to clarify somthing...

My wife and I just booked our 5th cruise to Bermuda. Previously, we always traveled with just the 2 of us. This time however we'll be bringing our 8 months daughter along. Needless to say, our mobility in Bermuda will be limited, and so we've decided to remain in and around King's Warf throughout our stay.

We love the ocean and so our plan is to go to Snorkel Park twice a day: 9am-noon, then back to the ship for lunch and rest/nap, and return to the beach from 3pm-6pm. We know that Snorkel Park is now chanrging an entry fee (either $5 or $10 - can someone confirm how much it is?) and that does not bother us. The question is whether this is a daily fee charged regardless of wether you spend the whole day on the beach or come and go, or will we have to pay twice in one day? Also, will we have to pay a full price for our daughter? Does anyone know?

My dh and I were there the week of the 6th of June and we walked over there twice in 1 day to swim and we didn't pay any fee. On 1 of the nights we were there they did have a beach party for cruise passengers and crew...it didn't start til 11 p.m. and there might have been a fee.

Ok, so I take it there is no fee? There never was one on our previous 4 visits to Bermuda but lately a number of posts here on CruiseCritc suggested that there is a $5 or $10 fee. Now I am really confused... :confused:

We were there on a Sunday in June and we were charged, so the theory about being charged on weekends seems to be true. We did not go there after that. They did have a band playing so that is probably the reason for charging. Having said that you can come and go as you please after paying the fee on the weekend just have them stamp you.

Not much new that I can add other than we were there on Thursday June 17 and it was free. I paid $10 for a day rental of an umbrella.

I don't know what happens on weekends. We arrived on the Veendam. The Celebrity Summit and the NCL Dawn were there. All three ships departed before the weekend.

Could the fee that you've heard about be for the rentals of chairs? I know in the past the beach itself has been free but there has been a fee for the rental of chairs, etc. as mentioned by Petal?

There was another thread on Snorkel Park where people said they were not permitted to go in and just take a look around without paying.

From what people are posting, it seems like either you'll pay or you won't. There is nothing on their website at the moment that says anything about an entrance fee.:confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1214234

we were just in snorkle park on June 29th. we did not pay an entrance fee and it didn't look like there was any set up like a booth to collect an entrance fee. HOWEVER .. there were two workers hammering together a wooden kiosk just inside and right of the entrance. It's sooo close to the entrance that it APPEARS that it could be a future $ collection area. It's my opinion only .. I have no official word on that.

There was another thread on Snorkel Park where people said they were not permitted to go in and just take a look around without paying.

From what people are posting, it seems like either you'll pay or you won't. There is nothing on their website at the moment that says anything about an entrance fee.:confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1214234

I found this info about entry fees on their website:

http://www.snorkelparkbeach.com/Special-Events.html

I don't know if they are enforcing them. Looks like Saturday is free, M-F until 4:30 is $5 for adults and Sunday is $10. Kids under 12 are free all the time.

I'm curious to know, we will be there the end of August.

I found this info about entry fees on their website:

I don't know if they are enforcing them. Looks like Saturday is free, M-F until 4:30 is $5 for adults and Sunday is $10. Kids under 12 are free all the time.

I'm curious to know, we will be there the end of August.

It is rather confusing, isn't it?

There is no mention of a general admission fee on their home page but when you look at events, there are fees for the various things and if you hit it when they are having one, you have to pay.

When you were there in early July, was the beach nice? We were there in 2007 and since the beach is man made - the sand was very rocky. Not too impressive. Hoping they have spruced it up a bit. Let me know your thoughts.

We were just there from Sunday, June 27th through Tuesday, June 29th. There was a $5 fee on Sunday, but it was free to go in on Mon. and Tues. We were told that they are currently charging to go into the facility only during the weekends. Hammerheads is still open. They have a party on the beach on Monday nights for Destination Dockyard. The party does start at 11pm. My 18 and 20 year olds headed over, but there was a cover charge of $10. They didn't go in, but said that it looked like there were many locals as well as ship crew at this party. Hope this helps!

When you were there in early July, was the beach nice? We were there in 2007 and since the beach is man made - the sand was very rocky. Not too impressive. Hoping they have spruced it up a bit. Let me know your thoughts.

I was pleasantly surprised by Snorkel Park. I had heard bad things and was not planning to go there, but our afternoon excursion began at 1:00 from the dockyard, so we didn't want to go too far in the morning. And it was free (I had been expecting a fee).

The sand was soft -- not rocky at all. But you could clearly see some black fabric at the water's edge, giving away the fact that it is man-made. The water was clear, so we got some good views of fish while we snorkeled. The people at the concession stand were nice. They even let me use their phone for a local call. They had good music playing, an elevated stage, and nice tables & chairs for eating. They have these strange little huts with white mattresses, which we assumed were for massages, but we didn't see any.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in May 2010 and thought Snorkel Park was free so we walked over from the ship, and was met just inside the entrance by a young girl set up behind a table and told us there was a $5.00 entrance fee per person. I mentioned to her I tought it was free, and she said "Who told you that"? I said it is all over cruise critics it was free, and she did not seem to know what cruise critics was and said they always charged a $5.00 entrance fee. This was not a weekend, this was a Tuesday afternoon. Guess it just depends on when your there, and if they feel like charging that day, as you read so many different stories on here on whether there is a charge to enter or not.

We were there in May 2010 and thought Snorkel Park was free so we walked over from the ship, and was met just inside the entrance by a young girl set up behind a table and told us there was a $5.00 entrance fee per person. I mentioned to her I tought it was free, and she said "Who told you that"? I said it is all over cruise critics it was free, and she did not seem to know what cruise critics was and said they always charged a $5.00 entrance fee. This was not a weekend, this was a Tuesday afternoon. Guess it just depends on when your there, and if they feel like charging that day, as you read so many different stories on here on whether there is a charge to enter or not.

I think they need to get on the same page..I have been there different times and different days and never paid a fee. They are doing great things to fix it up, but they need to get on the same page. Everyone seems to have a different answer. You'd think since they are investing a bit of money to fix it they would have then entrance thing down. When we were there there was a beach party one night starting at 11, for crew and passengers, but I think with your id that was even free.:o

I think they need to get on the same page..I have been there different times and different days and never paid a fee. They are doing great things to fix it up, but they need to get on the same page. Everyone seems to have a different answer. You'd think since they are investing a bit of money to fix it they would have then entrance thing down. When we were there there was a beach party one night starting at 11, for crew and passengers, but I think with your id that was even free.:o

I believe that someone posted that it was free for the crew and that's why they were checking ID......but then again, who knows?:confused:

I looked at their web site again and under special events, there are charges so I'm still thinking that if you hit it when they're having one, you have to pay.

There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to people paying or not paying from what has been posted.

We must have been right behind this couple, as we got the same response and it was a tuesday as well.

I believe that someone posted that it was free for the crew and that's why they were checking ID......but then again, who knows?:confused:

I looked at their web site again and under special events, there are charges so I'm still thinking that if you hit it when they're having one, you have to pay.

There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to people paying or not paying from what has been posted.

I agree totally:D There should be some sense or day or time or something...as to when they charge...:D

Archived