Ordering more than one dish

Believe me , i am not a big eater , i would say i have an average appetite the portions are quite small , on our first cruise i left the dining room still hungry ,on the second cruise when i ordered two starters one was usualy soup and most other starters were very small portions , i only ordered two Entrees on lobster night and am so glad i did as the lobster wasnt much more than a large mouthful , so the prime rib came in handy ,usualy the dessert would be a dessert plus a portion of ice cream , i came away from the dining room pleasantly full but not so full that i felt ''miserable '' . The Entrees are quite small portions , which i preffered as i got more enjoyment out of the starters and desserts .

The MDR portions are small, quite the opposite in the specialty restaurants :D

###

Absolutely...It just boggles my mind that pax don't get it.:rolleyes:

When they are habitually late it disrupts service to tables of pax who have arrived on time. The waitstaff is working overtime trying to catch the late diners up, in the service, so tables of those who were on time are often "neglected" in the process.

Pax who are late should be "invited" to go eat in the WJammer. ;)

Like I stated before you and no one on here knew my circumstances on this cruise with my son, and if the crew understood, then that is all that matters! Can we please stop dwelling on me and my disabled son being late on our Disney Cruise, and stay on the OP TOPIC?

PS, I would definitely turn down the invitation to the Windjammer

It was rude and uncalled for and he got the recommended amount of tip and nothing more.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but why would you even tip him the recommended amount. Isn't a tip for "Service Rendered" not just to be given no matter what.

Kimmie, you need to let this go. As you said, "back to the OP's question."

Are you serious that I need to let it go; I keep getting attacked from my original post to the original poster which by the way, was on the topic!!!! If you would go back to my original post you will see how everything went down hill.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but why would you even tip him the recommended amount. Isn't a tip for "Service Rendered" not just to be given no matter what.

Well, they did get served. It was just mentioned that they should be on time for dinner. Maybe the server could have been a little more subtle, however, english is usually not their first language.

I find this entire thread quite ironic. On one side some of you complain about portion sizes and feel you have to order several starters or entres, but at the same time people make fun of gaining weight on cruises.

Anyone else se the connection here? :rolleyes:

Personally I found the portion sizes to be plenty enough, in fact I nearly rolled out of the MDR every day, and in one of the speciality restaurants I couldn't even eat dessert because I was so full.

But it seems to me that some people have their minds set on getting their money's worth, regardless of what's good for them or not. I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy yourself, but there is no need to over-do it.

*goes into hiding*

Some of the entree sizes ARE small, especially the lobster. What might seem large to a tiny, petite female would be small for a man who works out, burns lots of calories and is accustomed to larger portions. Who are you to decide that anyone ordering 2 entrees is guilty of gluttony? What's with people who like to judge others based solely on their own tastes and attitude?

I'm totally flabergasted!! Why would anyone order 2 entrees????!! Its just total gluttony!!!

Ahhh. You obviously do not have teenage boys. Mine are very slim and can easily eat multiple appetizers, entrees and desserts. They simply burn an enormous number of calories each day. I, on the other hand, do not :)

We frequently will order an extra starter and share it or get a 2nd entree to share. Like others have mentioned - the portions are not huge. What I like to do is to order one of the vegetarian options as an entree to split between us.

I'm totally flabergasted!! Why would anyone order 2 entrees????!! Its just total gluttony!!!

Yeah. That's the fun of it. :D

I often order 2 entrees because (1) the evening MDR is by far the best food on the cruise, (2) I like the variety, and (3) I'm a glutton. I've been tempted to order 3 entreess the 6th night -- lobster, prime rib, and the Thai BBQ Chicken -- but so far I have passed on the chicken. (By the way -- how is the Thai BBQ Chicken?)

I've said this before -- The ship will throw out the unordered food anyway. Now, the only time I can see limiting is if there is not enough of something to server everyone. For example, I have had early dining and the waiters were told to limit 2 lobsters per person so there would be enough lobster for the late dining. I can understand this. I usually do late dining and would really be PO'd if I were told the earling dining ate all the lobsters!

(Hmmm...I have no idea how I got a mad face in the title of this post. I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm not mad -- really.)

Archived