Review: The BOATYARD (Beach) ~OnOurOwn~

OCruisers

• 2 months later...

Hi we are traveling in April and was wondering on the taxi to the Boatyard!! Do they have vans that would fit us all in and do they discount the price of admission for teh children?

Is there an area for snorkeling????

Do they have a web site?

Thanks!

I'd like information on the Boatyard as well. I read in another review today that the Boatyard no longer has motorized water sports. I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get more info on this, but haven't succeeed yet.

I too would like to know what it would cost for a taxi service from the cruise ship to the boatyard, we are a party of 8.

• 4 months later...

Had a group of friends who JUST returned from a cruise with a port stop in Barbados. It was the 3rd time in Barbados for most of the group so this time they went to BOATYARD!

They ask me to pass along that was just like we told them it would be and they had a great time. :p

I just emailed the boatyard and asked the cost for child admission. Will post if i fid anything out.

I read its about a mile walk from the pier or 5/10 miutes taxi ride at about $3.00 pr person.

Let me know if anyone else hears how much the childs admission is.

Thanks,

Kelly

Boat Yard kids costs:

I emailed The Boatyard and have not heard back from them. Let me know if anyone else gets more info. Looks like a fun day.

I dont think they would charge for my 1 year old infant, especially if he doesnt take up a beach chair or use kayak time! :) SMILE :) !!!! I am guessing my 4 year old will indeed be charged admission and I would expect to pay for him.

• 2 months later...

Hi

the Boatyard was very nice and clean. Although it is not walkable, but the taxi rides are not too bad priced. They still have solicitors on the beaches. I don't remember the price, but after we did go, with 4 children in tow, we thought that for the money, we could have gone to a different beach. Maybe next time. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice place, safe and clean and everyone was very friendly! But I think all the beaches here are very nice and clean.

Go and have a great time, but I would tell you to please get a taxi, it is definitely a longer walk than 15 minutes and you do go through some iffy areas.

It is worth being safe!

:) :)

Here's a reply I got from the Boat Yard today in case anyone is interested.

Dear Judy,

Thanks for your email, here at the Boatyard we offer a daily beach package, the cost is 15us dollars per person whether child or adult. This includes a Beach Chair, one Cocktail (non-alcoholic or alcoholic), use of our Ocean Trampolines, a Rope Swing, an Iceberg Slide, Restrooms, Showers, the Bar and Restaurant.

It also includes free shuttle back to the pier, starting from 1pm and going every 15 minutes until half of an hour before your boarding time on the ship.

We are about 7-10 minutes drive from the cruise terminal by taxi, dependent on traffic and the cost of the taxi is 3us per person.

We open around 9.30am and reservations are not required.

Feel free to email us with any other questions, and we look forward to seeing you.

Regards,

Tricia

• 4 weeks later...

Archived