It finally happened...ooops!.

sheilb4

Just got back from a 4nt on the Inspiration out of Tampa.....packed 2 bottles of champagne and my little travel iron....

They took my iron and one bottle of bubbly...left me the other (thank you)

and returned both on last night.....

Yup....they are truly all clamping down now. My first experience....so beware out there cos' noone is "immune" :o

Not a problem for anyone here. No one on CC smuggles booze on Carnival ships.

(Posted for the benefit of the Carnival employee assigned to keep up with all the smuggling threads on CC.)

Indeed, indeed, I know that of course, just thought I should make a joke for the carnival employee reading this....:p hmmmmmm......

Not a problem for anyone here. No one on CC smuggles booze on Carnival ships.

(Posted for the benefit of the Carnival employee assigned to keep up with all the smuggling threads on CC.)

My thoughts exactly, Michael. :D

Francie

The other day someone ask John H. if anyone from Carnival did monitor CC. His response was that he did not know, but maybe someone should.:D

He said that he did not have time too and relied on Host Mach to keep him up to date on the going ons over here.

The other day someone ask John H. if anyone from Carnival did monitor CC. His response was that he did not know, but maybe someone should.:D

He said that he did not have time too and relied on Host Mach to keep him up to date on the going ons over here.

I've read some of John's e mails that include some from at least one poster from CC who loves to report on liquor smuggling threads. This individual even attaches a link to the thread in his e mails. Just be aware!

I've read some of John's e mails that include some from at least one poster from CC who loves to report on liquor smuggling threads. This individual even attaches a link to the thread in his e mails. Just be aware!

Like John Heald personally cares if someone smuggles booze? He does not own Carnival:rolleyes:

Just got back from a 4nt on the Inspiration out of Tampa.....packed 2 bottles of champagne and my little travel iron....

Yup....they are truly all clamping down now. My first experience....so beware out there cos' noone is "immune" :o

I have 28 so far, and 5 more booked by Feb '11

:confused: perhaps you meant to post in the "How many cruises" thread? But on another note I am so jealous of your cruise history and future:D
Whats' that old saying? Don't believe everything you hear and only half of what you read. or something like that

DH and I have already decided that this upcoming cruise will be our last on Carnival. WE can be just as anal as they are. We will find other places to vacation and be free from people going through our luggage, and what our drinking habits are. Restrict us and we will/do restrict you. No wonder your profit shares are slipping. Consumers have wallets that you are trying to get to. Well Carnival, when we board, we will not spend 1 cent extra on anything. Suck it up!

I'm not trying to smuggle anything on board but I'm curious. Are they actually x-raying every piece of luggage, or just spot checking pieces of luggage? I find the travel iron funny because I use to have one that probably only warmed up to the heat of a 100 watt light bulb!!

DH and I have already decided that this upcoming cruise will be our last on Carnival. WE can be just as anal as they are. We will find other places to vacation and be free from people going through our luggage, and what our drinking habits are. Restrict us and we will/do restrict you. No wonder your profit shares are slipping. Consumers have wallets that you are trying to get to. Well Carnival, when we board, we will not spend 1 cent extra on anything. Suck it up!

Sadly, if you fly anywhere...you still have people going through your luggage and restricting items. At least the OP got them back at the end of the cruise, an airline would have dumped them in the trash.:cool:

Whats' that old saying? Don't believe everything you hear and only half of what you read. or something like that

looking at all my FRAMED boarding cards from CCL,and have only cruzed them since Fall of '06, AND all MY LUGGAGE TAGS / before Boarding Cards were born, been cruzin since Sept of 1969. so guess you only read 1/2 of what you saw CALGAL ??? I need a bigger frame now ! For my up coming cruzin season

Archived