NCL Epic January 15th, 2011

msp2613

A Group of Friends and I from MN (10 so far), some single and some couples, will be on the Epic on the January 15th Sailing. If there are others LGBT on this cruise, let me know, we can all meet up on the boat and hangout.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's no backing out now, I just made final payment. Me and my best friend from high school will be on this cruise. We're both gay and doing our second vacation together this year (the other was a week in Yellowstone in June). He's from PA and I'm from Chicago. I've cruised 4 times and this will be his first cruise. We're looking forward to a week on the high seas and meeting some new friends. He's led a somewhat sheltered life in Small Town USA, so go easy on him. :-)

See you there.

• 1 month later...

We've just booked this trip, too and I am very excited!!

Just got approved for the vacation, and it's been almost a year since we've been able to cruise!!

We are local Miami peeps--been together almost 19 years...

Look forward to seeing everyone on board, and it'll be here before you know it...!

:D

Tom & Rodney

As I'm sitting in the blustery, snowy storm in Chicago today, I'm focused on the Epic in about one month. We fly in fairly late the night before and are staying out by the airport then headed to port in the morning. I've made our reservations for the Blue Man Group, Second City, Legends in Concert, and Cirque as well as dinner at Modurno one night. We'll likely stick to the dining rooms and buffet for most meals. I'm curious what others are setting up for their port days? We aren't much for beaches, so will likely be looking for scenic and/or shopping stops.

In St Thomas, we usually head up to Paradise Point, which is accessible by cable car...great views, ok food and drinks....

Downtown has decent shopping....

We have found the french side of St Martin to be a bit less homophobic than the dutch side....Grand Case has AMAZING French restaurants right on the water, and Orient Beach is nice if you like beaches....

Nassau is Nassau, but there is some decent shopping there once you get off the ship....

I'll prolly shop for some cigars in a couple of ports, but we've been to all multiple times, so we will most likely spend most of the time on the ship...

Thanks for the info MiamiSpartan. I'll be focusing on land activities soon. I just upgraded our cabin from a D4 to a D3 to move up from Deck 8 to Deck 12. I decided I didn't like the thought of looking out my balcony and seeing the life boats immediately below me. I think I'll be happier with it.

Hey everyone, the group of friends and I (10 of us) have put together most of our group events that we are planning together, and also some excursions. We have booked second city, blue man and the Cirque dinner show, and then many of us are doing excursions together as well, we are doing beach excursions on St Maartin and St John, and also snorkeling on Nassau. I can't wait til Jan 15th. Hope to get to meet many of you people and have a drink or 2. If you need to find my on email or fb you can search toddphilippi(at)gmail(dot)com.

Hey everyone, the group of friends and I (10 of us) have put together most of our group events that we are planning together, and also some excursions. We have booked second city, blue man and the Cirque dinner show, and then many of us are doing excursions together as well, we are doing beach excursions on St Maartin and St John, and also snorkeling on Nassau. I can't wait til Jan 15th. Hope to get to meet many of you people and have a drink or 2. If you need to find my on email or fb you can search toddphilippi(at)gmail(dot)com.

There's a few peeps on FB with your name...narrow it down...

Find me at FB (Tom Koyzis)...

Looking forward to meeting everyone on board.....(starting to lay clothes out in the guest bedroom....)

:)

We all gotta look for Sylvia in the Manhattan Room....

She's the server featured on tonite's Undercover Boss, who wants to marry her girlfriend.....at the end of the show, CEO Kevin Sheehan announced he's going to arrange for it to happen on one of their ships....

Woo Hoo! One week from today, we fly to Miami for this cruise. I can feel the warm weather already...

If you haven't sailed on the Epic before, you're in for a real treat. My favorite spot is the spa -- I'll be rushing to buy my week pass as soon as I board. O'Sheehans pub is a great hangout place and Cagney's is my favorite restaurant.

I just hope they don't schedule to FOD gatherings right in the middle of dinner time again!

See y'all in a week!

One more week and we'll be DRIVING to the port...!

:D

Already hooked up our neighbors to drive us....one of the best things about living in Miami!!!

My partner gets pissed when I tell him the countdown....he likes the anticipation, and wants it to be a month away instead of a week...

:eek:

Already packing.....

Archived