Eating in Barcelona

We (family of 4... 19yr old, 14yrs and my wife and I) will be arriving in Barcelona July 10th at around 2pm. I'm sure we'll have jet lag and would want to stay up as late as possible. Ideas how long it will take to get out of airport and get to la ramblas... (thats where our hotel is)Olivia Plaza Hotel and whats a great place to eat in that area... and what time can we eat dinner in Barcelona I'm thinking by the time we get to our hotel (at the top of the Rambles) (opposite of ports) we will be hungry and will be dinner time...

Thanks,

Add in an hour to get your luggage and to get through immigration/customs.

The drive will take around 30 minutes depending on traffic.

The locals eat dinner very late. Many places start serving dinner at 6:00 PM but the locals don't arrive until around 9:00 PM or later.

Keith

True, the locals eat very late by US standards so don't look for dinner at 4 or 5:00 pm at many places. You might want to grab a bite when you get there, get settled in then talk a walk in the early evening and have dinner later.

After the exhaustion of traveling overnight, you (and the kids) might want to get a familiar bite first thing at the Hard Rock Cafe which is very close to your hotel on Plaza Catalunya--check their website for hours. Then for dinner, there are wonderful little local places OFF Las Ramblas (just walk through the maze of side streets til something strikes your fancy). The Las Ramblas restaurants are overpriced.

True, the locals eat very late by US standards so don't look for dinner at 4 or 5:00 pm at many places. You might want to grab a bite when you get there, get settled in then talk a walk in the early evening and have dinner later.

After the exhaustion of traveling overnight, you (and the kids) might want to get a familiar bite first thing at the Hard Rock Cafe which is very close to your hotel on Plaza Catalunya--check their website for hours. Then for dinner, there are wonderful little local places OFF Las Ramblas (just walk through the maze of side streets til something strikes your fancy). The Las Ramblas restaurants are overpriced.

SORRY FOR THE TRIPLE POST!

whats a great place to eat in that area... and what time can we eat dinner in Barcelona I'm thinking by the time we get to our hotel (at the top of the Rambles) (opposite of ports) we will be hungry and will be dinner time...

Thanks,

We liked Mussol at Casp, 19, just off P. Catalunya. Excellent grilled meats and fish and very good gazpacho. The best tomato bread we had. Dinner for 4 with sangria 69 euros. Our best meal in Barcelona was at El Quatre Gats (4 Cats), which hasn't changes much since it was Picasso's hang out. Excellent Catalunya fare. Dinner for 4 was 185 euros. It's also located off of P. Catalunya. And if you are in Barcelona on Sunday, be sure to have lunch at a sea side restaurant down by the beach in Barceloneta. We enjoyed our lunch at Agua very much which ran 85 euros for the 4 of us. Bon appetite.

• 2 weeks later...

We are early eaters, between 5 and 6pm, and had no problem finding restaurants, sidewalk cafes, or pubs open and serving food. Barcelona has so much to offer, there is always something available.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Barcelona with a teenager (age 14) last summer. For the first day, you might want to take it easy. Teens love pizza, and there's a great Pizza place right near the top of Las Ramblas. It's called Marzano - not too expensive, nice atmosphere (soccer on flat screens), quieter and cheaper than the Hard Rock. Looking up towards Plaza Catalunya, it will be on the right hand side. You will not be dissapointed.

I was in Barcelona with a teenager (age 14) last summer. For the first day, you might want to take it easy. Teens love pizza, and there's a great Pizza place right near the top of Las Ramblas. It's called Marzano - not too expensive, nice atmosphere (soccer on flat screens), quieter and cheaper than the Hard Rock. Looking up towards Plaza Catalunya, it will be on the right hand side. You will not be dissapointed.

Isn't any place. Tried Hard Rock in the airport in London, cost almost as much as the flight.:eek: Way too noisy for me, anyway.

Archived