Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort

Has anyone purchased the day pass at this resort in St. Thomas? At $65.00 per person, it includes lunch, two alcoholic beverages, beach chair and pool access for the day. Strange thing is that no one seems to review it on the boards. I tried the ports of call and no responses.

My husband and I will be on the Oasis of the Seas during the first week of August and we would love to get some feedback on this place.

Most folks just go to the public beaches...no "day pass" required! Cabs are plentiful and not expensive....Magen's Bay is a popular beach...there are others. They all have chair/umbrella rentals and with a bit of research, you'll find the perfect beach for you! Most will have shoreside food/drinks and watersport rentals....there's no need to spend $65 pp to have a great beach day!

Suggest you do a google search. Also check out Trip Advisor. Lot's of posted reviews, most positive, and the pictures reflect an upscale facility. Thanks for posting this question, cause we will investigate for our next St Thomas stop.

DW and I spent the day there on one of our past sailings. It has a nice pool area with 2 bars if I remember correctly and an open air restaurant. The water at the beach is beautiful but the beach and surf are a little rocky. All in all a nice little lazy getaway from the crowds that inhabit the usual spots (magen's bay,etc)

I stayed at this resort for a week in '08. It is located between Red Hook and Coki beach. It is just a little ways past Emerald Beach and Linquist beach. The Lobby and rooms are on the top of a hill. the pool and beach are down a LONG set of steps, or by shuttle. There is an open-air restaurant with a buffet at the pool. The food was ok, not bad, not great. There is a bar near the pool. The pool is very nice with a waterfall. There are restrooms under the waterfall. The beach is small but nice with chairs and shade by the trees. The water is a bit rocky. There really isn't any snorkeling there.

DH and I rented a car for the week and we only spent two beach days at the resort. We went to many of the beaches on St Thomas and went to St. John for the day. IMHO, there are much better beaches on St. Thomas with food and drink. Unless you are looking for a pool, I would go somewhere else. Have a great cruise!

Magens Bay July 2007

We visited here on a tour of the island. Totally out of this world.

My special place when I need to calm down is Mountain Top with a Daquiri overlooking the bay. That is the last photo I have attached.

I would take the island tour, they give you or used to give you the option to get off at Magens Bay and spend time there.

CIMG0394.jpg.d4f191c82a3a4c8fcfeeb2aed603a83c.jpg

CIMG0393.jpg.ac881f89096a286a08e18e4f52f120e5.jpg

CIMG0401.jpg.073a5be1b35a006baad353b394ec09e6.jpg

I've been to St Thomas several times (on land based trips and on cruise stops)...I really would not go to the Wyndham for the day, especially at $65. I stayed there right before they switched over to the all-inclusive plan (thank goodness). We did not like the food at all and only at our first meal there. The food by the pool was so greasy and not appealing. The menus of the other restaurants were not very attractive and high prices so we decided to check out other restaurants after our experience at the pool restaurant. The pool area is actually really nice but the beach area is very small and rocky. We went to many other beaches (I would recommend Magens Bay). The next time we were there we stayed at the Ritz Carlton and if I ever go back on a land based trip I would stay there. We hardly left the resort!

Thanks, everyone, for your responses and suggestions. You have given me food for thought.

I have been to Magen's Bay and enjoyed it but felt that a getaway day from the crowds might be nice. My husband has never been to Magen's Bay and we love being in the ocean. I don't like the idea of a rocky beach, so might just do a few hours at Magen's Bay after all!

Archived