Puerto Limon excursions

highland2

We are going to be in Puerto Limon in Nov. We need some advice on which shore excursion to book. We are looking at the Rain Forest Aerial Tram or the Tortugeuero Canals. Any advice would be appreciated.

We are going to be in Puerto Limon in Nov. We need some advice on which shore excursion to book. We are looking at the Rain Forest Aerial Tram or the Tortugeuero Canals. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi! We took the Tortugeuero Canal excursion a number of years ago and were very pleased. We saw a lot of the Costa Rican countryside enroute to the boats, and learned about the banana plantations. The canal ride was great...the company knew where specific animals were along the way, and we had time to get a good look. Most interesting was a tree that had 8 bats lined up in a row on the trunk. There was a small market at the canal dock selling coffee. The dockide market at the port had better prices. Costa Rican coffee is really delicious! The boat was long with 2 seats on each side. It had a cover over it. It was a good tour to learn about nature and the plight of the turtles the canals are named for.

We were glad we took it!

Karen

highland2 ... I see by the Roll Call we are on the same cruise. We, too, are trying to decide on this choice. The tram says 7.5 hours but the ride itself is only 1.5 hours. Is it a long way on a bus?

After reading these posts, we're leaning toward the canals.

I think it is about a 2 hour trip to the tram and 2 hours back. We are also thinking about doing the Tort. canals. One person said to wait until you are on the ship and watch the excursion presentation before you decide. I would hate to do that and the excursion be full. Not sure what to do:confused:

found several guides to take us. One member of roll call booked a guide and we did the city, canal and went to zip line. Not all did the zip and those who didn't paid less. and stayed and drank coffee or beer. Check the port thread for the names of private guides. It was about $15 less than ship tour.

I think it is about a 2 hour trip to the tram and 2 hours back. We are also thinking about doing the Tort. canals. One person said to wait until you are on the ship and watch the excursion presentation before you decide. I would hate to do that and the excursion be full. Not sure what to do:confused:

The roads are pretty brutal in Costa Rica.....that's why it takes so long.

Archived