Carnival Pride Review 6/27 - 7/4

vavasmom

Doing this has given me a new appreciation for how much work it really is - especially uploading and linking the photos.

I leave on my annual roller coaster trip at 5am Friday morning

it takes FOREVER doesn't it!!! :eek:

i totally agree, it's a heck of a lot of work, so thanks for your effort! :)

have a blast on your roller coaster trip! i think you mentioned cedar point (?) - give six flags great adventure a shot if you're an enthusiast and haven't been for a while... they've got some AMAZING coasters! we used to get season passes every year as it was no more than about 30 mins from my house! love coasters!

As we boarded the ship, Virginia and I both agreed that we were surprised by how much there was to see. We agreed that we had had a very fun and in educational day.

i'm glad you enjoyed your trip to KSC! i honestly think it'd be better to go over 2 days (and admission is good for 2 days) rather than try to pack it all in to one day - it's a bit much to take it all in, especially if it's brutally hot - as it was for you, and even when i visited in september!

IMHO, something is wrong when the beef stroganoff that has pickles and eggs. I also do not like lamb.

i entirely agree... i think that the beef stroganoff may very well be the worst of the carnival main entrees i've ever come across...

Day 5: 30 June – Port Canaveral - Cont.

After dinner, Virginia and I had photos taken against the black background since we were both wearing red dresses. One of the poses of the two of us turned out to be one of my favorite pictures of the cruise. We then went back to the cabin to change and were greeted by a new towel friend and mints. I really enjoyed the towel animal and mints the 5 nights they were in the cabin (nothing the first or last night). On RCCL you only receive mints if you are in a suite.

2407239640103236660S500x500Q85.jpg

DD then went off to meet her friends to talk about their day (many went to IOA), attend the teen glow stick party, and then the pool (or maybe Karaoke). I went to the Family Face Off game show and the Jazzin’ show. Afterward, I ended up sitting in a chair on the pool deck with my book watching the one pool refill. I will admit to skipping the deck party and Mexican buffet. I was so full from dinner there was no way I could eat anything. I ended up listing to music in the Atrium for a while and then going to bed. Virginia came in at 1am and said they walked by the buffet. I was happy to sleep in some since we did not arrive in Nassau until 11am.

To be honest it bothered me for the first day or so until I trained myself to look out not down. Once I adapted it was fine. Not being able to look straight down was a new experience for me.

Hopefully, it won't bother him too much. :o

We had that view once... never ever again... and it was only a 3 day cruise.. My hubby loves sitting on deck and he was NOT happy...

Yeah, I don't think I'll let it happen again either. The really funny thing is we had a regular balcony room booked on Deck 8 and when Carnival called and offered us the upgrade for an actual decent price, DH said "what the hell". Now, in the more expensive cabin, we have the crappier view! Go figure! :rolleyes:

I was trying to finish the review before going to ride roller coasters but life (and work) are not going to let me do that. If anyone has specific questions I can answer between now and tomorrow night please post them. Otherwise I will finish when I get home on the 19th.

Ave - Thanks. Happy (or sad) to say the July and eraly August are almost 4 weeks of vacation this year. I have 5 weeks to loose or use this year and I am using it!!! With Virginia stating T.J in Sept and sports starting in August I really only Had June 25th until August 11 to use it. I know it is a great problem to have :D

Off to ride Roller Coasters at America's Roller Coast.

Hey Barbara - Great review so far. :D I was going to do one but haven't started yet. I think I'm afraid of the Carnival lovers bashing me. hehe Anyway, as always, I had a great time. :)

I think I have a little more info on the people taken off the ship. The prior night there were two people sitting next to my table at dinner. It was a man and woman. I'm not sure if they were a couple but it was just the two of them at the table. Anyway, the man seemed to show up at the same places as me that night. My final resting stop for the evening was the Lido bar where this man was having a few more drinks. Let me note that he could barely stand or speak at this point. He got up from the bar and headed over to talk to some young ladies standing by the rail. The man then started to lean over the rail scaring the girls enough to walk away. He then walked over to a group of young men standing by the rail, proceeded to take his shirt off, and tried to talk the guys into taking a swim in the ocean because it looked so refreshing. At one point the man had one leg over the rail, which is when security was called. I have to tell ya that his was probably one of the scariest moments on a cruise ship that I have ever witnessed. About 15 min. later I called it a night. As I walked through the Lido buffet area, 3 security guys were sitting at a table with this man and everything seemed to be calm. The next morning when the Coast Guard arrived, it WAS this man that was taken off in handcuffs. I can not verify but I also heard that he had stabbed someone which is quite sad for both the victim and this man. I hope he gets whatever help he needs. I ended up meeting the young lady, he had dinner with the first night, and ran into her throughout the cruise but never asked since it's really none of my business. She did mention to me that her 'friend' was taken off the ship. :(

Great review! I love the fact that you seem to be able to discuss the great and not so great aspects of your cruise. I am absolutely going to make reservation for David's. I may have missed this but when did you reserve for this? Do you think we would have any problems making a reservation on board for the last sailing night?

Thanx

Richstowe - I met some people on board who made reservations for David's the last night of the cruise after they were on board. I think you'll be OK, but I would double check as every cruise is different. However, David's is not to be missed. It was the best meal of the week. :)

Richstowe - I met some people on board who made reservations for David's the last night of the cruise after they were on board. I think you'll be OK, but I would double check as every cruise is different. However, David's is not to be missed. It was the best meal of the week. :)

Thanx for the info. I am not sure I want to reserve in advance if plans change. What happens if you cancel. Are you charged?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow what a fantastic review. Thank you so much, love all the little details as well. We are leaving sunday on the Pride but the other route, T&C and then HMC and Freeport. Your review gave me a great image of the ship, that was great. We have a Vista suite with the wrap around balcony. Cant wait to check that out.

Thanks again:)

We live in Fairfax County Virginia not too far from Dulles airport so I drove to Baltimore on Sunday morning.

We had no traffic along the way - before I knew it we were in Maryland. I was at the port in just over an hour from the gas station.

Great review! Sounds like we're neighbors as I live close to Dulles as well. I'm hoping that traffic will be favorable for me as well when we sail in 2 and half weeks.

Great review! Sounds like we're neighbors as I live close to Dulles as well. I'm hoping that traffic will be favorable for me as well when we sail in 2 and half weeks.

Ill post when I return and give you a recap on what the traffic was like as we are heading up there this sunday and we are coming from Loudoun county. :)

Archived