Mercury watch

Putterdude

Hi Putterdude.

back home today - we waved as we passed Sechelt last sunday - what a gorgeous evening to sail up the strait!!

Mercury is still in great shape and the crew aboard treat here with tender loving care. they're still keeping her up - on the good weather days they were working on the stern railing brightwork & were replacing carpets in a few places. such a friendly & helpful crew!

Captain Costas got off the ship today & was heading home to Greece. A new captain will be on tonights sailing. the crew seemed quite sad that he was leaving. We had wonderful service, great food, great sleeps.

The weather north of vancouver island could have been better, but it certainly could have been much worse. fabulous views of the hubbard glacier - we were within 1/2 mile of the calving face.

I sat down at my dining room table tonight at 8:30....no one had set the table (with 4 knives).. no basket of bread with fancy shaped butter... no one came to take my order... no one has turned down my bed & no chocolates on the pillow. ...guess I really am home :(

We were on the Mercury 2 years ago to Alaska and after sailing some larger ships since then, now appreciate the smaller ship.

I am sailing the Mercury again on August 29 to Alaska again this time with my 2 daughters so am thrilled get to sail again before she leaves as Celebrity is our favourite line.

I was in Vancouver today with my daughter and we went down and watch the Mercury leave the port at 5pm which was very cool. A beautiful day in Vancouver for sailing out of port.

Cheers!

Hi Putterdude.

back home today - we waved as we passed Sechelt last sunday - what a gorgeous evening to sail up the strait!!

Mercury is still in great shape and the crew aboard treat here with tender loving care. they're still keeping her up - on the good weather days they were working on the stern railing brightwork & were replacing carpets in a few places. such a friendly & helpful crew!

:(

I thought I saw you waiving...you obviously have some nautical background when you use the expression "brightwork".

Archived