Cabs at Barcelona port

If you are disembarking in Barcelona you will not have any trouble finding a taxi. We disembarked there in late May and there were dozens of taxis waiting just outside the luggage collection hall. The queue might look long, but there is a supervisor organising the taxis so the queue moves very quickly.

I am not sure what the situation is with taxis when Barcelona is just a port of call.

When we made our port call in Barcelona, there were plenty of taxis waiting right outside. Because we wanted to get to Sagrada Familia at opening time, we were off the ship very early and did not wait at all for a taxi. I don't know about later in the day.

Best organized port we have been in..... taxis all lined up. When you get to the head of the line one guy will ask you how many people and how many bags ? Then he will hail the right size cab for you :D Easy neat and quick.

There are 4 of us looking to haul all of our luggage and ourselves to the port from our hotel. Is it hard to find large enough taxis to handle 4 people and 4 large bags plus a couple carry on type bags? We are in the Las Ramblas area.

Thanks

There are 4 of us looking to haul all of our luggage and ourselves to the port from our hotel. Is it hard to find large enough taxis to handle 4 people and 4 large bags plus a couple carry on type bags? We are in the Las Ramblas area.

Thanks

We were in Barcelona last month. I saw some taxi that were bigger although there weren't as many as the "regular" ones. I saw one family with 4 people and I swore they had more than 4 suitcases and they basically stacked up all the suitcases and bags and took all the space possible at the trunk area. You could ask your hotel to call one for you, or you should be able to find one but it might take a bit of time. We saw the same thing happening at the airport and at the port--families who needed bigger taxi simply have to wait for the right one to come up, while they let people behind them to take the regular taxi if it fits.

Thanks

Just have the hotel call for a van taxi.

Thanks

We had our hotel call one for us so we could specify needing a taxi van. There's an extra cost you pay for calling for a cab (rather than just hailing one on the street), but it wasn't that much extra - and was still less than hailing two smaller cabs. The extras add up over the initial charge - the "hired" cab fee plus luggage fees, but it was still very reasonable.

Best,

Mia

We had no trouble getting from the port to our hotel near the airport. We had a taxi driver who instead of going West to the airport went East then North and then South toward the airport. We stayed at an airport hotel before the cruise, knew where to go and knew that the cab fare should be around 20 euros. I knew that we were going the wrong direction and told the driver so. He came up with some traffic excuse but I knew he was lying. By the time we got to our hotel the meter said 50 euros. We complained and started to take down his name, liscence # and taxi # then all of the sudden he said he would take 30 Euros for the trip. Another cruiser from our ship was staying at the same hotel and said the taxi went directly to the hotel, they paid 25 Euros including tip.

Archived