Hotels on the beach within walking distance to Las Olas?

Talli

Trying to find a hotel that is within walking distance to Las Olas but is also either on or across the street from the beach. I tried to search for something but didn't have any luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA!

Talli

Yes, the Alhambra Beach Resort is right across the street from the beach. Nor far from Las Olas, don't know about walking distance but the water taxi and local bus are very near. This is not a large hotel but it is currently No1 on Tripadvisor. I've researched this hotel thoroughly and we've booked for six nights next February. Well worth a look. Rates include breakfast.

The Alhambra isn't within walking distance to the shops and restaurants of Las Olas.

The Pillars On New River Sound isn't on the ocean but it is closer to the shops and area of Las Olas you want to be.

The best location would be The Riverside and they are not on the beach but the middle of Las Olas, are a water taxi stop, and I think they have a beach shuttle.

Thanks for the replies! If there are any other suggestions please keep them coming :D!

eandj - How many minutes approximately did it take you? I don't mind long walks but DH doesn't like them :rolleyes:.

Talli

Las Olas Blvd goes all the way to the beach, but the downtown area known as "Las Olas" on Las Olas Blvd. starts at least 2 miles west of the beach. The only hotel that I would recommend in the downtown area is Riverside. The closest beach (across the street from the beach) hotels to Las Olas Blvd are Marriott Beach Place and Marriott Courtyard.

It's three miles. Some would call that an easy walk, others wouldn't.

I think eandj meant that they walked along the beach from Bahia Mar to Las Olas where Las Olas intersects the beach. They did not walk to downtown Las Olas from Bahia Mar (which as you correctly state is about 3 miles).

I think eandj meant that they walked along the beach from Bahia Mar to Las Olas where Las Olas intersects the beach. They did not walk to downtown Las Olas from Bahia Mar (which as you correctly state is about 3 miles).

Yes this is true. Sorry to mislead the OP. We were checking out the Marriott Beach Place right at Las Olas Blvd. And we did get there by walking along the beach.

We took the water taxi (route 9, I think) to get further up to Las Olas right near the Riverside Hotel. We can walk 2-3 miles easily if it's not your summer's hot and humid stuff.:eek: :)

Archived