Chocolate breakfast option on oasis and allure??

Here's the original blog about it:

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?tag=royal-caribbean-complimentary-chocolate-breakfast

Apparently, it was so popular, there are now plans to roll it out to Oasis, Allure, Freedom and Liberty. It doesn't seem that has happened yet - I'm guessing because they are still working out all the logistics.

It was on our sailing in April on Oasis. Didn't see anything in the Compass listed but saw it on the menu screen outside the dining room. I didn't actually eat the chocolate breakfast but went and couldn't resist the chocolate milkshake and the chocolate pastries. Tablemates that actually ordered the chocolate breakfast loved it and it did look amazing. I think it was served on Thursday if I remember correctly. I do know it was on a sea day.

The Chocolate Breakfast is on Day 6 in the MDR („Indulge in Chocolate“). But don´t expect too much. It´s more all chocolate pastries (like chocolate croissants, chocolate banana muffins). The "main" courses where waffles and pancakes. The pancakes had some chocolate chips in it not did the waffles. All was covered with Hersheys chocolate sauce. Then there was a cherry-chocolate parfait and a chocolate milk shake which was actually more a chocolate milk.

I´ve expected more and was a bit disappointed.

steamboats

The Chocolate Breakfast is on Day 6 in the MDR („Indulge in Chocolate“). But don´t expect too much. It´s more all chocolate pastries (like chocolate croissants, chocolate banana muffins). The "main" courses where waffles and pancakes. The pancakes had some chocolate chips in it not did the waffles. All was covered with Hersheys chocolate sauce. Then there was a cherry-chocolate parfait and a chocolate milk shake which was actually more a chocolate milk.

steamboats

lol...maybe my standards are too low but that sounds mighty yummy to me!

steamboats

It's actually on Day 7. It's always been listed as day 6 but that is wrong.

We had the chocolate breakfast on the May 29th sailing of Oasis. It was listed wrong on the TV screen menus. It told us it was on day 6 so we got up early to make sure we got there before the MDR closed and they told us there was no chocolate breakfast. So we asked on the way out if it would be the next day and they said yes. So it ended up being day 7, dont know why they list it wrong.

It wasn't that great IMHO. The waffles were their plain soggy waffles (tasted like eggos) with a little chocolate syrup on them. Nothing too special.

steamboats

No chocolate filled crepes??? :(

Just off the Oasis yesterday. I was looking forward to the chocolate pancakes but, never saw them. I was looking forward to it as I had heard about the special breakfast on cruise critic but, they never had it. I was disappointed. So, dont get ur hopes set on it. GRRRR!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Have to agree with Steamboats, after all. It was offered on our July 31st sailing on the second last morning and I was excited about it. It was a bit of a let down. The waffles were dry, cold and tasteless, doused with chocolate syrup. I did enjoy the chocolate milkshake. Mine was thick and very flavourful.

I would strongly urge everyone to try room service breakfast, especially if you have a balcony. It was very relaxing. If you like crispy bacon, go for it. We ordered fresh fruit and pastries and it was lovely. Combine that with a nice hot pot of steaming coffee as you sail into a port and it can't be beat.

• 1 month later...
Have to agree with Steamboats, after all. It was offered on our July 31st sailing on the second last morning and I was excited about it. It was a bit of a let down. The waffles were dry, cold and tasteless, doused with chocolate syrup. I did enjoy the chocolate milkshake. Mine was thick and very flavourful.

I would strongly urge everyone to try room service breakfast, especially if you have a balcony. It was very relaxing. If you like crispy bacon, go for it. We ordered fresh fruit and pastries and it was lovely. Combine that with a nice hot pot of steaming coffee as you sail into a port and it can't be beat.

Would this be for Oasis of the Seas you're referring to? We have an ocean view balcony and I thought it would be a good idea to have room service breakfast for the days we're rushed (port days). Any pictures? I love crispy bacon, and most times, it's always soggy (in buffets, etc.). What kind of pastries and fresh fruit did they have?

Hungry minds need to know! :D

TIA!

Archived