Bumpiing Tours or Reyno Tours

Angel59920

Yes, Keens are perfect to wear for the whole thing, other than you'll take them off when you put your fins on for snorkeling. You'll definitely want them on in the gorge.

I wore a tankini with a pair of board shorts and a t-shirt. And brought a beach towel from the ship. I was wishing I had brought a sweatshirt too as I was a little cold in the van when I was all wet. The t-shirt didn't help much.

I didn't have Keens or even water shoes, so wore a pair of Lands End sandals (open toes and heels but good fit with 2 straps, and rubberized bottom that gripped well). They were maybe a little clunky for the gorge and Falls, but they worked OK. Flimsy water shoes might be a little uncomfortable as you have to walk over a lot of rocks. I just wore my sandals into the gorge. Didn't go far into the area at the bottom of Trafalgar Falls, but I think everyone was in water shoes there, too. Levi wore his 5 Fingers or whatever they're called the whole time (see pic of him at Trafalgar Falls hot spring). In all 3 places, there isn't a lot of room to just sit on a rock and change clothes or shoes, so simplicity might be key.

I work my bathing suit with a coverup the whole time, and took a towel to the gorge. In all 3 places, there is a place to leave non-valuables, but it's just on rocks or a bench, so again, simplicity might be key. At least at Trafalgar, Levi can put a point and shoot camera or other small thing in his backpack to carry for you - I assume he has a waterproof bag in there.

A few people got jelly fish stings/rashes at Champagne Reef. You might want to bring a tiny bit of vinegar or anti-itch cream. I was told the sting goes away before too long, but it DOES hurt and itch and look awful (red).

560771356_blurred2247levihelpingattrafalfalls.jpg.2d2f3d28be3e6fc604bb0d5d3a19602d.jpg

I was on the same ship but different van on Roothy's tour. I wore a long sleeve rash guard while I was swimming and fortunately wasn't bothered by what our guide told us were "sea lice"! I wore Lands End water shoes which worked very well for walking and swimming in the cool pool. If you wear glasses and need to wear them down to the snorkel area, make sure you have a hard case or shoes to leave them in when they are on the rocks!

I was on the same ship but different van on Roothy's tour. I wore a long sleeve rash guard while I was swimming and fortunately wasn't bothered by what our guide told us were "sea lice"! I wore Lands End water shoes which worked very well for walking and swimming in the cool pool. If you wear glasses and need to wear them down to the snorkel area, make sure you have a hard case or shoes to leave them in when they are on the rocks!

Good point about the glasses. I just left mine on the rocks at Champagne Reef with my cover up wrapped around them, but a hard case would have been more secure. Also, I was fearful about not being able to see well in Titou Gorge, as I am farsighted. I brought an old pair of glasses (that fit well and were NOT loose) and left those on at the gorge. Levi noticed, and said something about "don't lose your glasses" but I was glad I wore them, even though they got too wet at times to see well out of them. I wrapped my good pair of glasses and my non-waterproof point and shoot camera in my coverup and towel, which I left (with others) on the bench behind the vendors at the gorge. I wish I had thought to find the glasses guard (little rope thingey) I used to put on my glasses when I went on roller coasters to make sure my glasses didn't fall off. That would have made me feel better about wearing ANY pair of glasses into the gorge, but they were fine and did not fall off. Of course, I did NOT jump off the small waterfall or do any heavy duty swimming. I'm older and non-athletic, and probably did more water walking/dog paddling than actually swimming, so my glasses were probably quite safe.