Mount Etna Excusion-Celebrity

fiyero

Hi

has anyone done this with Celebrity?

Can you tell me if any good, what you see etc. Do you go on the cable car? Do you actually go to Mount Etna or just see it from afar

thnaks

We did not tour Etna with Celebrity. Last October we were on a guided tour of Sicily and we chose a trip to the top of Etna as an option. The experience involves a bus ride or drive to an area with gift shops and restaurants. Then you take a cable car to another point where you can rent a warm jacket before you board an all-terrain bus that takes you to the top. It will be cold and snow covered up there, even in warm weather, so bring your woolies. There was lots of fog the day we were there, and walking was slippery. I would not recommend taking small children in those conditions. At one point you are allowed to feel how warm the dirt is at the site of a previous eruption. It is eerily beautiful up there, even in the fog. I don't know if this information is helpful to you, but since no one has responded to your question, I thought I'd fill you in on what I do know.

Hi

has anyone done this with Celebrity?

Can you tell me if any good, what you see etc. Do you go on the cable car? Do you actually go to Mount Etna or just see it from afar

thnaks

That's what I'd like to know, too. I'm debating if I should seek out a private tour or just go with Celebrity's ship excursion.

Archived