Need advice from San Juan experts

Hi, This is probably in the wrong spot but WTH? We'll be on the Carnival Freedom Dec 4 sailing and will be in San Juan at night. I've only gone during the daytime. Is there anything anyone can suggest to do for a short time? Good Bar? Anything? Thought about the Bio Bay but not sure if there's even enough time for that.

Thanks for any suggestions.;)

Hi, This is probably in the wrong spot but WTH? We'll be on the Carnival Freedom Dec 4 sailing and will be in San Juan at night. I've only gone during the daytime. Is there anything anyone can suggest to do for a short time? Good Bar? Anything? Thought about the Bio Bay but not sure if there's even enough time for that.

If you are considering the Bio Bay, check the moon cycle calendar. Most Bio Bay tour companies have a lunar calendar on their website....its the best to go when there is less moonlight.

Old San Juan is wonderful at night. The forts close at 5 pm, but you can still go to them and look around. There are free trolleys that go all around OSJ. There is a sidewalk that follows around the bottom of the old city walls that is fun to walk and would be great at sunset. There is shopping, and street vendors. It is a great city. I think Bio Bay thing would be great too. If you can do that as a ship excursion you would not run out of time.

Also check out the link above the San Juan board is a very active one with lots of info.

How much time you got? Bio Bay is awesome, if they offer it as a ship excursion that means there will be enough time and you should do it. We did a night horseback through the rainforest, that was awesome too, if you have the time.

I don't suggest any walking tours at night. It was hard to see some of the things and it was long and boring. I do think the Segway or the Bio Bay tours sound interesting, though. I love San Juan and look forward to seeing it again in November (daytime visit)! We get a private taxi tour when we go.

We heard from a lot of locals this was good!! Never got to try it though. :rolleyes:

That's what we did was asked locals as we were walking down the street where a really good authentic Puerto Rican restaurant was and 5 out of 7 recommended them. Next time go and enjoy.

My favourite restaurant in San Juan is Dragonfly... it's Asian & Latin food fusion... and it's amazing! Served tapas style so the diea is for a group of people to order a few entrees & share... I recommend the peking duck nachos, beef churrasco, chicken lo mein & sushi... well everything really haha

A good bar just down the same street as Dragonfly is Tantra, it's actually an Indian restaraunt that does nice food if you like Indian, but it also has a double sided martini menu which are phenomenal and they even have a lady who belly dances on certain nights!

Archived