Turtles and....?

digital_curator

Hi Everyone,

We will be in Barbados for a day in January (8-6) and had wanted to see both monkeys and turtles. I saw the Bajan Highlights Tour offered by Glory Tours but they seem to do the monkeys in the morning and the turtles in the afternoon but I have read that this seems to be opposite to the feeding schedules. Has anyone done this tour? Was it worth it? I did a search but it seems like Glory Tours have changed itineararies. Are there any other operators who do something like this? We are not interested in an all-day, LOTS of stops kind of tour.

I have also thought about just going to Paynes Bay and doing the turtles on our own. Is there somewhere else to see monkeys on the island? It seems like a taxi to the Wildlife Reserve would be very expensive.

If we do the second option, what would be another good activity. We are not lie on a beach and bake people, so anything other ideas would be welcome.

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

We did the the turtles last month (Shasa Catamaran Cruises) 30' 12 people max.(ages 63-8) no problems. 3 hr tour back by 2pm. If your cruise goes to St. Martann and a great sailboat clipper day google (randomwind.com) say hi to Daine, have a good time, NIck

We went to monkey beach on Barbados but the only Monkey we saw belonged to one of the men working on the beach. His friend was watching her, so we got to hang out and take great pictures. We rented snorkeling gear and swam out to the catamaran and another boat and saw all the turtles and stingrays and other fish. It was amazing!

There was a guy climbing the coconut tree flinging them down and giving them to the tourists. (of course $$$) It was a really fun day!

We went to monkey beach on Barbados

but the only Monkey we saw belonged to one of the men working on the beach.

His friend was watching her, so we got to hang out and take great pictures.

Sounds like you visited Paynes Bay, on the island's West Coast

-sometimes referred to as Blue Monkey beach because there used to be a bar there named the Blue Monkey Bar.

Archived