Epic Bowling

PCalabrese

We are curious about how access to the 6 bowling lanes on Epic works. I have to believe that during a regular Caribbean cruise with 4k folks on board that it will be difficult, if not impossible to secure a lane for even one game, let alone the 2 games that most people shoot when they bowl. How does one get a bowling lane? Is there some sort of reservation system or is it on a first come, first serve basis (hence the difficulty of getting a lane). Simply curious about this process.

We were on the Pearl 3 months after launch during spring break and had no problem getting a lane. Very easy on a port day, on sea days it may be more difficult, it's just timing. Not many people want to pay to bowl I guess. But we had fun as a family. I imagine if you go during lunch or dinnertime one night you shouldn't have a problem.

Aaahh! I forgot to ask and you answered, of course it's an extra fee to bowl! Having not cruised NCL but under serious consideration for the Epic, our one big concern is all the extra upcharges.

How much is the bowling?

Aaahh! I forgot to ask and you answered, of course it's an extra fee to bowl! Having not cruised NCL but under serious consideration for the Epic, our one big concern is all the extra upcharges.

How much is the bowling?

I want to say $5 per game. I can't remember, but I saw the amount in one of these threads. I believe that also includes shoes.

On the T.A. We had a bowling tournament and most scores were below 100 and some even below 50.

I even had low scores 84 and will to tell of the other. I carry a 165 in league bowling. There are bumpers and I believe I should have used them. LOL

Yes it is $5.00 per person to bowl, really never much of a wait (under 15 minutes) and most people only bowled 1 game at a time.

On the T.A. We had a bowling tournament and most scores were below 100 and some even below 50.

I even had low scores 84 and will to tell of the other. I carry a 165 in league bowling. There are bumpers and I believe I should have used them. LOL

Yes it is $5.00 per person to bowl, really never much of a wait (under 15 minutes) and most people only bowled 1 game at a time.

Just read that out to my husband and he reckons it may help his score! ...bowling isnt his forte so we think it's going to great fun!! :D

When I was on the Pearl in January, there was seldom a wait to bowl, and if it was, it was less then 1/2 an hour. It was $5, and included shoes. I thought I saw that the Epic has 7 lanes, not 6. Looking forward to bowling at sea again. Rolled a 142 as a high score on the Pearl.

Sure beats the $10/game + $5/shoes a Lucky Strike NYC...and $17/drink. I'm also curious as to if the ships swaying affect your bowling...

$5 including shoes is fine...but then not in comparison to the Churruscarria $18. Ehhh, its fine.

Sure beats the $10/game + $5/shoes a Lucky Strike NYC...and $17/drink. I'm also curious as to if the ships swaying affect your bowling...

$5 including shoes is fine...but then not in comparison to the Churruscarria $18. Ehhh, its fine.

I think the price is good as well compared to anywhere I've been in the states.

I think I will probably bowl as if I'm completely drunk out of my mind (without a drink). LOL :D It should be interesting to say the least.

JRoad,

I agree with you regarding the cost. The lanes were fine. The bowling was fun. On the day the Mrs and I bowled the ship didn't really have much, if any, effect on the lanes.

Now with regard to the pool table - I recall seeing two people playing and all the balls just lines up on the right rail due to the slight rocking - it was funny watching.

Just a reminder to all - bring socks when you go bowling!!!!!! In our case the Mrs was wearing flip flops but they gave her a pair of disposible socks - bowling, shoes, socks all for $5. It was cheaper than the local alley.

JRoad,

I agree with you regarding the cost. The lanes were fine. The bowling was fun. On the day the Mrs and I bowled the ship didn't really have much, if any, effect on the lanes.

I'm still going to blame any bad bowls on the rocking of the ship. :D That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :p

I'm still going to blame any bad bowls on the rocking of the ship. :D That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :p

Do they have the inflatable bumpers for mitsugirly and my toddlers?? LOL!!

I can picture seeing the "in between the legs granny (not you, figuratively speaking) bowling ball toss"

I think the price is good as well compared to anywhere I've been in the states.

I think I will probably bowl as if I'm completely drunk out of my mind (without a drink). LOL :D It should be interesting to say the least.

Amen.....:D:D

Archived