Yet another question about ES prices

tigger77732

SO I am pretty sure we booked ES through our TA in January (I would suspect almost 6 months out would be ES.) I cannot locate anywhere on the docs from my TA where it says ES, though.

Anyway, I happen to go on Carnival tonight and see our same cabin going for 899 for person 1 and 2 and 399 for person 3 and 4. Which is sooooo much lower than what we booked (I think I got taken) I paid $3958 total for my 8b cabin on the Dream and my quoted price this evening was $2858 total. Wow! Thats a huge difference. I quickly did a screen shot to save what I saw. (of course within minutes the price was different.)

So, do I have this correct? If we were booked ES by our agent, our TA needs to request the price drop?

Thanks for any help, I never knew any of this until I joined cruise critic

Melanie

SO I am pretty sure we booked ES through our TA in January (I would suspect almost 6 months out would be ES.) I cannot locate anywhere on the docs from my TA where it says ES, though.

Anyway, I happen to go on Carnival tonight and see our same cabin going for 899 for person 1 and 2 and 399 for person 3 and 4. Which is sooooo much lower than what we booked (I think I got taken) I paid $3958 total for my 8b cabin on the Dream and my quoted price this evening was $2858 total. Wow! Thats a huge difference. I quickly did a screen shot to save what I saw. (of course within minutes the price was different.)

So, do I have this correct? If we were booked ES by our agent, our TA needs to request the price drop?

Melanie

That is correct. Email your TA the screen shot, and he/she should do the appropriate paperwork for you.

Yes your TA has to do the paperwork but just so you know booking six months out doesn't make you ES necessarily. It must be booked that way. Do your cruise documents say anything about any rate code?

Melanie

Melanie,

I hope you get that rate you saw. Carnival has been known to say it was a glitch when some people find cheaper rates.

I also see there are no more quad balconies left.

You did good with the 3rd/4th rate at $399 as they are now $699.

You can also get upgraded to an 8F if that interest you.

The code for ES is PPB. Maybe that is on your confirmation somewhere.

Again, good luck and let us know how you make out. :)

Bill

Yes your TA has to do the paperwork but just so you know booking six months out doesn't make you ES necessarily. It must be booked that way. Do your cruise documents say anything about any rate code?

I have docs from the travel agency and I just don't see a rate code anywhere... just my category, type, cabin#, bedding and dining.

Yeah, I know about not autmatically getting ES rates, but I am fairly sure my agent told me the other day that we couldn't downgrade to a cove balcony since we had ES rates.

Well, wish me luck

You could try filling this out and see if you get the rate you saw.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Good that you did a screen shot. I did the same thing. I just submitted my form today. You will also need the rate code for the form.

Thanks, I will complete it just in case my TA drags her feet.

Thanks, I will complete it just in case my TA drags her feet.

As the post after this one notes.... you may be rejected and it will say the TA must complete the form. Thats the downside to booking thru a TA, you are supposed to use them for everything.

So, do contact your TA as well.

I have docs from the travel agency and I just don't see a rate code anywhere... just my category, type, cabin#, bedding and dining.

Yeah, I know about not autmatically getting ES rates, but I am fairly sure my agent told me the other day that we couldn't downgrade to a cove balcony since we had ES rates.

Well, wish me luck

As another poster wrote submit the form yourself as well as through your TA. Suppose to be through TA only but some have gone through, depends who is doing the processing at Carnival.

If you can't downgrade then yes it sounds like you are ES. Good luck and let us know.

Thanks everyone! I will cross my fingers that my TA did book us this way. I will let you know how it turns out!'

Wish me luck! I could use some extra drinks here...just found out after 1.5 years of planning 2 family members decided 31 days out, they were coming. Now we have to try to get them with our dining, our excursions, hotel, etc!

I need that OBC! ;)

As the post after this one notes.... you may be rejected and it will say the TA must complete the form. Thats the downside to booking thru a TA, you are supposed to use them for everything.

So, do contact your TA as well.

Yeah, I found that out when I called Carnival for my booking number as my TA never provided it to me (I will not use a TA again, I will just book directly), but luckily I had this great agent who emailed me (secretly thru his personal email) my booking number!:D

As far as what rate you booked under, it may be in the fine print in your invoice. Thanks to Ken, I found mine in the additional information section.

They did not put the rate name but they list out the details so if you see something about the best price guarantee then you have early saver.

Let us know how it goes.

As far as what rate you booked under, it may be in the fine print in your invoice. Thanks to Ken, I found mine in the additional information section.

They did not put the rate name but they list out the details so if you see something about the best price guarantee then you have early saver.

Let us know how it goes.

Well, so far no reply from my TA! (shocker), and I reviewed my docs again and I saw a section that says Rate Information: and guess what? It is blank. Sounds sneaky to me...

I did complete my own Carnival form and got a response that it will be reviewed, so we will see who helps me faster, my TA or Carnival.:rolleyes:

Archived