Bucket of Beer Question

drisinger

buckets are definitely still available...

but it's 4, not 5, like in your picture...

and here's the receipt for one on my pride cruise...

IMG_3898.jpg

20.70 for 4 bud 16 oz bottles...

IMG_3950.jpg

not sure exactly how much corona (per your pic) would be... maybe another couple bucks?

but i also think corona is only available in glass bottles, so they'd actually serve to you in plastic cups on lido, open decks, etc.

if you don't care about corona, and that was just a pic, disregard comments about corona :)

Thanks. I'd forgotten. MDH drinks "a lot" of beer.... oh my... I'd better brace myself!!

:eek::):eek:

brace yourself, indeed! those buckets add up :cool:

in the event of an emergency, i think they can be used as a flotation device :D

Thanks. I'd forgotten. MDH drinks "a lot" of beer.... oh my... I'd better brace myself!!

If he's a twelve-pack-a-day man, then yes, you'd best brace yourself. Expect them to run, in aggregate, $60 per twelve-pack. On a 7-day cruise, that's $420 in beer. Sorry, no volume discounts. :D

- IT Geek

That's exactly why I have been pre-purchasing drink coupons for a few months now. One sheet = one bucket of beer. No, it's not a price dicount on the drink itself, but it's less of a shock when the S&S bill comes in at the end of the cruise!

buckets are definitely still available...

but it's 4, not 5, like in your picture...

and here's the receipt for one on my pride cruise...

IMG_3898.jpg

20.70 for 4 bud 16 oz bottles...

IMG_3950.jpg

not sure exactly how much corona (per your pic) would be... maybe another couple bucks?

but i also think corona is only available in glass bottles, so they'd actually serve to you in plastic cups on lido, open decks, etc.

if you don't care about corona, and that was just a pic, disregard comments about corona :)

On our April cruise on the Splendor.. buckets of BUD where $22 and change and buckets of Coors Light were $20 and change.. I think the price has gone up:eek:

On our April cruise on the Splendor.. buckets of BUD where $22 and change and buckets of Coors Light were $20 and change.. I think the price has gone up:eek:

Yep... the price of Bud/BL went up in January 2010...

I'm with ya. I can't wait to tell DH when he comes home. So now a bucket of beer and my 2 DOD, we are looking at about $32 each afternoon. What are you going to do....it's vacation! :D

Is coors light in plastic bottles or cans ?

IIRC Neither. Aluminum bottles as in the bucket picture of Bud. Most of the beers served on-board, are served in those aluminum bottles.

Why aluminum? They are readily accepted by both people who normally prefer glass bottles and by those who like cans, take up less space in shipboard recycling than glass bottles, the scrap can be sold by the cruise line for money, and they eliminate the breakability factor.

- IT Geek

Coors Light is in 16oz plastic bottles.:mad:

I stand corrected. Though I know I have seen Coors Light being served in 16oz aluminum bottles somewhere. Maybe it was on NCL. Coors introduced CL in 16 oz aluminum bottles in late 2009 to match AB.

- IT Geek

Is Corona available? I might as well know now what my BOC (beverage of choice!) will be so I can look forward to it!

I thought about purchasing the drink tickets ahead of time too so that I don't have sticker shock on my bill -- is there any disadvantage to doing that?

Is Corona available? I might as well know now what my BOC (beverage of choice!) will be so I can look forward to it!

I thought about purchasing the drink tickets ahead of time too so that I don't have sticker shock on my bill -- is there any disadvantage to doing that?

From what I have heard, the only disadvantage of the drink tickets are when it comes to the fruity frozen drinks. For beer they are good. I am just wondering if the beer that comes in actual glass bottles, and they want to pour those in plastic cups, how do you order a bucket of those?

I wondered that too, Divingmedic (love the name, BTW!). I noticed that the tickets have a max value of $5.25. I bought some for my niece as a gift for her honeymoon last year and she said they had to pay the difference for the drink of the day -- but still nicer than having to pay full price at the time.

I wondered that too, Divingmedic (love the name, BTW!). I noticed that the tickets have a max value of $5.25. I bought some for my niece as a gift for her honeymoon last year and she said they had to pay the difference for the drink of the day -- but still nicer than having to pay full price at the time.

Thanks, I am paramedic that love to scuba dive. I had to give my diving up this year for this cruise. Also thought I was not going to be able drink this vacation also. We had an a/c failure that took my drinking money. But then I remembered I had online savings account that I almost forgot about. I now have money to pickle my liver.

... Corona is a glass bottle that they like to pour into a cup for safety reasons.

Apparently Celebrity and NCL don't experience the same problems when they mix their guests and glass bottles. I was able to go to the pool deck on both lines and get nice big "6 for 5" buckets of Corona's in bottles. At about $27 for the bucket, it's a better value (per beer).

As has been noted, on Carnival, they pour them into plastic cups...:rolleyes: -- Thus right there Carnival loses a point (sadly, it is not the only point they have lost of late, IMO)!

Tom

If he's a twelve-pack-a-day man, then yes, you'd best brace yourself. Expect them to run, in aggregate, $60 per twelve-pack. On a 7-day cruise, that's $420 in beer. Sorry, no volume discounts. :D

- IT Geek

Thanks for ruining my morning. :mad:

For those of you who invest in the beer buckets, you mind want to bring a small bottle opener with you. The aluminum bottles don't have twist tops. And unless they open all of them when you order (which is not a good idea), you will be tracking down a waiter every time you want to pop a top. :mad:

Archived