Shore Excursions with Teens

vfangue

Help! I'm trying to plan our shore excursions for our cruise stop in Grand Cayman. To please everyone, I need ideas of what to do!

Stingray City and snorkeling are out since that's being done in Cozumel. No one wants to just hang out on the beach all day either.

So I'm hoping to plan something around the island via taxis for us. Any suggestions??? I'm sure we'll stop at the Turtle Farm (and just tour the turtle farm).

Has anyone booked just a "nature drive"???

Any help will be appreciated.

Veronica

We didn't book an excursion here, but when you get to the port there will be taxi driver's everywhere offering to take you around.

We had a cab driver take us to Hell, the rum cake outlet for free samples and purchase (i know the teens can't drink the rum, but they can taste the cakes), the dolphin park (it's free to go in and watch, but you have to pay if you want to pet or swim with the dolphins) and 7 mile beach. We hung out at the beach for a little while and then went back to port for shopping and then back on the ship.

I'm not sure if there are "nature drive" official excursions, but you will be able to have a taxi take you wherever you want or give you your own version of an island tour. We paid the driver $20.00pp for the whole day.

Enjoy your trip!

The Rays in GC are much better than in other islands - better to do them in GC and find something else in Cozumel; snorkeling is good on both islands, but very different. Good luck!:)

I think it was in GC that I saw an excursion called a Pirate's Cruise or something like that...........goes out on a pirate ship and kids get to jump off (walk the plank), etc. That might be something teens would have a lot of fun with.

Just got back from GC with 14 and 18 yr old. they LOVED the snorkeling and stingrays - said it was the 'coolest thing ever'. we went with Moby Dick tours if you at least want to take a look. have fun!

I agree, I think you should switch the days around. Stingray City is the thing to do in Grand Cayman, I'd recommend to anyone going there to do it. And the regular snorkeling in Grand Cayman, which most of the tours going to Sting City do, is very good.

Then go around the island in Cozumel. I personally don't like the snorkeling there as much, but the island is great for renting a jeep and driving around the island, visit crocodiles and lighthouse at Punta Sur, the beaches on the opposite side of the island, maybe the ruins, and get some real Mexican food for lunch.

Archived