Anybody tried WEN shampoo from TV?

Gathina

I saw the infomercial and read some reviews online..anybody try it? It's hard for me to believe a "one size fits all" shampoo could really work for everyone so am interested in some personal experiences here.

Hey, I've tried WEN. I think it makes my hair feel really soft but I have a hard time going a day or two without washing it. I usually have to wash my hair everyday with WEN or my hair feels too greasy. Ick. They do have a formula for fine/oily hair and I may have to try that to get better results. I personally feel like its not the best shampoo/conditioner combo to use if you are in a hurry. It takes forever to rinse out of my hair (which could just be a personal problem, I don't know.)

BTW after the starter kit, the stuff gets expensive! I about peed my pants when I saw the bill. :eek:

Hey, I've tried WEN. I think it makes my hair feel really soft but I have a hard time going a day or two without washing it. I usually have to wash my hair everyday with WEN or my hair feels too greasy. Ick. They do have a formula for fine/oily hair and I may have to try that to get better results. I personally feel like its not the best shampoo/conditioner combo to use if you are in a hurry. It takes forever to rinse out of my hair (which could just be a personal problem, I don't know.)

BTW after the starter kit, the stuff gets expensive! I about peed my pants when I saw the bill. :eek:

Wow! This post is just in time. WEN was on my "order" list. Not any more.

I know, but the difference this product says is that it doesn't have the sodium laurel sulfate which is supposed to not strip your hair...but if you look at all shampoos, they all have some form of sulfate in it and if I remember correctly from chemistry classes sulfate in any form is going to do something like that.

I notice a differnce when I use a cheap shampoo like suave, dove, etc. versus a higher end like Paul Mitchell. My favorite products are Aveda and I may just go back to those.

Any detergent will "clean" your hair....after all, that's what shampoo is! Some do add stuff to make hair behave differently....but it's all basically detergent.

If you go through Nextag or similar online mall you can compairson shop for it

Any detergent will "clean" your hair....after all, that's what shampoo is! Some do add stuff to make hair behave differently....but it's all basically detergent.

Wen is not detergent. Kindly become aware before posting a reply. :rolleyes:

I saw the infomercial and read some reviews online..anybody try it? It's hard for me to believe a "one size fits all" shampoo could really work for everyone so am interested in some personal experiences here.

Hi Gathina...I've been using Wen Almond Mint for about a year and really like it. I have very fine highlighted hair, but lots of it. When I told my stylist I was using Wen, she highly recommended any "shampoo" void of sodium laurel sulfate and gave me samples of Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Moisture Kick shampoo to try.

I prefer Wen, but occasionally use the Schwarzkopf, just to switch it up. ;)

Gathina-

My cousin swears by it. For me it is a bit exspensive but on another board, members were talking about a product called Hair One from Sally's Beauty Store. Some people prefer Wen but a lot of reviews have said it does the same thing just at a better price. My order should actually be here tomorrow, it will be my first time using it - I'll have to give a review after I use it. I got the Jojoba one because I just got a full set of highlights in my hair a couple weeks ago. You can stack coupon codes too. I got a free shipping code plus 10% off. My order was like 8.79 shipped! Hopefully it works great.

Not all shampoos have sulphates. Drug store stuff usually does. I don't know all the ones that don't, but ask your stylist. Don't expect it to be cheap. Good shampoo and conditioners are going to cost, but very concentrated so will last a long time. You will be able to tell a differance.

Let us know..we can all use a good tip

Gathina-

My cousin swears by it. For me it is a bit exspensive but on another board, members were talking about a product called Hair One from Sally's Beauty Store. Some people prefer Wen but a lot of reviews have said it does the same thing just at a better price. My order should actually be here tomorrow, it will be my first time using it - I'll have to give a review after I use it. I got the Jojoba one because I just got a full set of highlights in my hair a couple weeks ago. You can stack coupon codes too. I got a free shipping code plus 10% off. My order was like 8.79 shipped! Hopefully it works great.

My hair is also very thin and highlighted and long but not "tons" of it. I am considering trying it, if I don't like it I'll ship it back. It is expensive, but I rarely spend money on myself so I'm opting to try it. My neighbor has ethnic hair and she really likes it.

What is this Schwarzlopf? Is it made in Germany?

Hi Gathina...I've been using Wen Almond Mint for about a year and really like it. I have very fine highlighted hair, but lots of it. When I told my stylist I was using Wen, she highly recommended any "shampoo" void of sodium laurel sulfate and gave me samples of Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Moisture Kick shampoo to try.

I prefer Wen, but occasionally use the Schwarzkopf, just to switch it up. ;)

I think the same ingreidents in a lot of shampoos is very simlar to dish soap,,abd cheap does not equate good..a lot of the cheap stuff I think is watered down a lot. It's like using the detergent from the dollar store to wash your clothes versus using tide.

Wen is not detergent. Kindly become aware before posting a reply. :rolleyes:

What is this Schwarzlopf? Is it made in Germany?

The info I have is "Made in Canada for Hans Schwarzkopf and Henkel GmbH, Hamburg Germany". I really have no idea about the shampoo and use it maybe once every 6 weeks or so. They sell Schwarzkopf in my salon (along with other brands) and I have 2 bottles that my stylist gave me.

http://www.schwarzkopf-professional.com/

Funny, though, I did just look at the ingredients and the first ingredient is sodium laureth sulfate. I'll definitely be mentioning this to my stylist. :D

I looked in Whole Foods market and they have a lot of shampoos there with no SLF or sulfates...I am trying "Kiss My Face" that I got on sale for 6.00 a bottle, it's not that bad if you can get used to not having the bubbles. I am still leaning toward going back to Aveda products and they aren't that outrageous price wise compared to others.

I am going to Italy next month and am going to look over there at shampoos...I find that cosemtics, skin creams, etc. made in Europe are by far superior..even the Boots products were better from the UK than the ones I bought at Target. I found a really nice vitamin c cream from Spain at TJ max and it faded sun spots..10.00!

The info I have is "Made in Canada for Hans Schwarzkopf and Henkel GmbH, Hamburg Germany". I really have no idea about the shampoo and use it maybe once every 6 weeks or so. They sell Schwarzkopf in my salon (along with other brands) and I have 2 bottles that my stylist gave me.

http://www.schwarzkopf-professional.com/

Funny, though, I did just look at the ingredients and the first ingredient is sodium laureth sulfate. I'll definitely be mentioning this to my stylist. :D

crossed it off on mine too...my hair 'acts' better when i dont have to wash it so many times a week...actually once a week and my hair has really never been better.

Hey ladies,

for those of you with the oily hair, if you are interested in trying it you can call the WEN company and request the Cucumber Aloe. I did, but it's not coming for another couple months because of my last automatic order of two biiiiiiiig bottles, so it will be a while before I need more. I will say their customer service people are really nice and helpful. :)

The initial 30 day starter kit consists of 12fl oz cleansing conditioner in the sweet almond mint, a little texture balm thing (I don't even use it. Probably good for curly hair which I don't have), 2oz jar of Remoist Intensive Hair Treatment (haven't used it yet, mostly because I'm a lazy bum...might give it a whirl tonight and let you all know how it works), and a 2 fl oz styling creme-I really like this product.

The second installment came after 30 days (my first order was on 5/11 and my next order was shipped on 6/12). That order consisted of 2 16 fl oz bottles of the sweet almond cleansing conditioner, 4oz tub of the remoist, and 4 oz tube of the styling cream. It was *cough* $89.85 *cough* PLUS $7.99 for shipping & handling. :eek: Grand total of $97.84! :eek: I think they broke it up into 4 payments, but I was still shocked.

Needless to say, I've decided to have my next installment of product sent after 20 weeks. I want to try the Cucumber Aloe formula before I decide if it's not really for me. You can have your choice of cleansing conditioner formula, #, and items included in your subsequent shipments-which I found out after the fact. You have your choice of from 4 to 20 weeks for next shipment.

Don't get me wrong it has made my hair super-duper soft and it smells yummy plus, my color has also done really well. What I'm not a big fan of: price, day after greasy, and time it takes to rinse out of my hair.

Do you think they would hire me for the infomercial? :rolleyes:

I use the WEN Cucumber Aloe, and I do like it, but I don't love it enough to justify the price. I use it 2-3 times a month, alternating between my favorite shampoo brands (currently Aveda and also one called Living Proof). I have thin fine color-treated hair. I guess I'd give WEN about a B+. My hair looks and feels smooth, soft and bouncy the day of shampooing with WEN, but my scalp looks greasy the day after. My 16 oz bottle has lasted close to a year now. When I am through with it, I probably won't order it again.

Also, I used it on my dogs instead of harsh doggie shampoo, and it made my white dog's coat extremely soft and silky and lovely to touch. Kind of pricy!! :D Here is a picture of her:

2834_1004077197720_1698580066_2758_5008089_n.jpg

I am glad I saw this thread about Wen, too. I was trying to justify ordering because of the price (there are so many configurations on QVC I gave up trying to decide which one was best for me...) I have been having issues with my hair - lots of it, but just not a lot of body lately - & I told my hair dresser I want a perm (haven't had one in 10 years!) & she immediately said - 'No you don't'...soooo....

TerriSea ~ that is one cute & happy WEN dog!

I've been using Pureology lately. Supposedly it has zero sulphates, but the first ingredient is sodium laureth sulphate, so really it still has sulphates in them. The sales lady at trade secret told me it would last me a really long time. She said it was "so good for your hair" and that I wouldn't need to use very much which she is right about the not needing as much. I do find that my hair color isn't fading as quickly than previous shampoos, and the conditioner is not heavy on my hair. Again, I don't need to use very much. I do wish pureology would smell better. It smells like plants or seaweed of some sort. I'm picky about the scent of my shampoo/conditioner. I love the smell of Matrix Biolage, but their conditioner kind of sucks. I may have to try this WEN shampoo, but for now I stick to things I can buy in a store and smell before I buy.

Archived