Pisa/Wine Tasting In Tucany?? Is it possible?

Travel luv

Hello,

We will be docking in Livorno one day on an upcoming cruise to this region. We are interested in seeing Pisa and doing a wine tasting in Tuscany. I have not seen any tours that are specific to the two. Is it possible to do these two on our own or do you know of any tours out their that would allow for experienceing both.

Thanks so much.

If you are intrested in a tour, we used Tuscany Unplugged. Marzia was a great guide and made for a memorable trip. We were picked up at the ship and enjoyed all of Pisa, a bit of Florence and a private wine tasting in the country. Marzia was born in Pisa and grew up in a small village of Tuscan countryside She's been working as a professional guide for many years and knows the area well.

http://www.tuscanyunplugged.com/

What cruise line are you sailing with? NCL has a shore excursion for the two, "Pisa and A Taste of Tuscany" for $179 (which includes lunch), my husband and I are thinking of doing that one.

That sounds like the perfect option. We will be sailing with Celebrity. They don't offer that as an option unfortunately.

Hi,

We just returned from a mediterranean cruise and in Livorno (florence) we went with Giovanni of sunflower-tours.com. He was a great tour guide and for our family of 5 it was less money than taking a ship excursion. We went to Pisa, Florence and Vinci (leonardo's birthplace). He will customize tours for you and I know he does wine tasting tours. So, doing both should be no problem. We wanted to climb the leaning tower and he told us the time we would need to reserve the tickets. At each stop he gets out with you and walks you to where you need to go to make sure you are settled. We did several private tours on this trip and he was everyones favorite guide.

Hope this helps!

Beth.

Archived