Pool in Spice H2O?!

RickinNYC

Do I understand that the pool at Spice is non-functional, i.e. not filled right now? I thought it was going to be the adults only pool area?!

I don't think anyone said it was non-functional. There was no reason to fill it on the transatlanic with nobody in any of the pools due to the mid 50s F temperatures and fog almost everyday. May still enjoyed the relaxed adults only Spice H20 area when the sun did come out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Epicmadhatters#p/a/u/1/5Q-BVYMjZDQ

I don't think anyone said it was non-functional. There was no reason to fill it on the transatlanic with nobody in any of the pools due to the mid 50s F temperatures and fog almost everyday. May still enjoyed the relaxed adults only Spice H20 area when the sun did come out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Epicmadhatters#p/a/u/1/5Q-BVYMjZDQ

Not filled pool = nonfunctioning in my world. But whatever the case, it's semantics.

Thanks to all for assurances.

It was not filled during the Transatlantic. However, it was open during the 2 day sailing last week in Miami.

It is pretty small though. Not sure what it will be like on a regular sailing.

As with ALL pools on cruise ships it's there for a quick dip to cool off.

In 5 cruises I have never once used the pools. I have used the hot tubs but never the pools.

Actually, is there a hot tub or two in Spice H2O ?

As with ALL pools on cruise ships it's there for a quick dip to cool off.

In 5 cruises I have never once used the pools. I have used the hot tubs but never the pools.

Actually, is there a hot tub or two in Spice H2O ?

I always use the pool, but only to hop in, cool off and that's about it. Never been in a pool onboard any ship that I could do much more than that, and I'm a pool guy! Hot tubs, not so much. People soup.

I think its a great spot for movie lovers to hang out get wet and overdose on movies all day. When we sailed on Princess they had it and we hung out all day there. Very cool.

I don't think they are showing movies all day are they ?

Really? I must have missed that in the brochure. Is that accessible to the general public, or a suite only thing?

Mike, on many of the newer NCL ships there is an area designated as "Freestyle Sun Deck", this is dedicated to topless sunbathing... not so sure about bottom-less.... heh heh...

~Intrepid <-- keepin his pants on for now...

Mike, on many of the newer NCL ships there is an area designated as "Freestyle Sun Deck", this is dedicated to topless sunbathing... not so sure about bottom-less.... heh heh...

~Intrepid <-- keepin his pants on for now...

Interesting. If I took my suit off to tan the bottom everyone would need an extra pair of sunglasses :cool:

I always use the pool, but only to hop in, cool off and that's about it. Never been in a pool onboard any ship that I could do much more than that, and I'm a pool guy! Hot tubs, not so much. People soup.

Exactly. We call it people stew. Why anyone would want to sit elbow to elbow with strangers in a hot tub is beyond me. But, if you were to combine the freestyle sundeck concept with the hot tub, as in freestyle hot tub, that may be a different story...

Exactly. We call it people stew. Why anyone would want to sit elbow to elbow with strangers in a hot tub is beyond me. But, if you were to combine the freestyle sundeck concept with the hot tub, as in freestyle hot tub, that may be a different story...

Insert sexy music here: Boom chica mow wow...!

Archived