XP: Which ship for 3 year old E. Caribbean cruise?

klsinga

Hi,

Newbie poster (former lurker) here. I posted something similar on the First Timers board and realized this might be a better place for my question. We are planning on a 7 day E. Caribbean cruise in late Oct/Nov with our three year old daughter. We are currently trying to decide between the Eurodam and Ruby Princess. Carnival Dream might be an option as well.

I was hoping to get opinions on which ship might be best suited for a family with a 3 year old. We are not convinced we're going to put our daughter in the kids club, but may do so if she expresses an interest in it. If anyone has opinions/advice on how small children are treated by the crew, family on board activities, layout of ship, food lines/food selection for children or anything at all pertinent to traveling with a toddler on either the Eurodam or Ruby Princess (or Carnival Dream), I would love to hear your opinions!

Thanks!

The crew on all ships generally will treat your daughter like a little princess. I am not sure what you mean by layout of the ship, or why this would be important to a three year old. All ships have kids menus with all kid's favorites and IME, the crew will do anything possible to get your child what she likes to eat.

You will find other passengers on all cruiseships who seem to hate children on "their" ship; just ignore them. You may want to look through this forum as many threads have the information you are looking for.

Here's a recent link for you discussing three year olds:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1231211&highlight=crusinmama06

Look at crusinmama06's post. In her signature she has links to the kid's programs on most cruiselines you might find helpful.

Hi,

Newbie poster (former lurker) here. I posted something similar on the First Timers board and realized this might be a better place for my question. We are planning on a 7 day E. Caribbean cruise in late Oct/Nov with our three year old daughter. We are currently trying to decide between the Eurodam and Ruby Princess. Carnival Dream might be an option as well.

Thanks!

Of the 3 you have mentioned I would choose the Ruby. It has a nice kids club for 3 year olds and a good staff. Eurodam is from the Holland Fleet, the ship is for the older crowd. Carnival Dream has been hammered with bad reviews and is considered to be overcrowded. IMHO the choice is easy.. Ruby Princess.

Archived