Shore excursion/payment question

ghoundlvr

I see on the Cruise Personalizer that excursions can be booked 120 days before sailing. However, we are at 116 days (but who's counting!:)) and it says not available on our record. Does final payment have to be made before excursions can be booked or has Princess just delayed opening them for booking? (I was wondering about the final payment as I read somewhere on the Personalizer that spa appointments can't be booked until after final payment.)

Thanks,

Brenda

I see on the Cruise Personalizer that excursions can be booked 120 days before sailing. However, we are at 116 days (but who's counting!:)) and it says not available on our record. Does final payment have to be made before excursions can be booked or has Princess just delayed opening them for booking? (I was wondering about the final payment as I read somewhere on the Personalizer that spa appointments can't be booked until after final payment.)

Thanks,

Brenda

Shore excursions can become available anytime after (they say the 120 day mark). Some cruises we have found they haven't opened until around final payment date, others long before. FYI-Our February Tahiti cruise, they are already open and it is over 200 days until we sail. While in May, they didn't open for a Caribbean sailing until the 65 day mark. Guess it all depends on each individual cruise. You can book them before making final payment, just as soon as they show available. ;) Keep in mind that you will not be charged until you board your ship, they will then be charged to your shipboard account. So, you don't have to pay for them when booking. ;)

Yes Brenda this is correct. You can not book excursions or spa until final payment is received by Princess.

That is not correct.

Princess allows you to book excursions and spa treatments before final payment is made. If you cancel, the excursions and spa are canceled automatically.

Shore excursion are available between 60 and 120 days before sailing. Usually it is about 75 to 90 days.

Archived