Maasdam on Regis and Kelly

The Massdam was the perfect prop for an incredible marketing play by the Province here. The Government funded the Regis and Kelly show coming here for about $1M and the media buzz has been incredible. They announced on the show that Prince Edward Island hit #2 on their search list on Google on Monday morning, so the tourism department got good value for their investment. I don't know if they factored the Massdam schedule into their plans, but it sure made a great backdrop for the show that was performed down at the park on the waterfront.

As a local, it has been fun following all the buzz leading up to the shows arrival and now that it is here. The stars have no doubt returned to NYC, but there are two more taped shows playing this week - today and Thursday for any of you who are PEI fans. Being a taped 'live' show, not sure how they'll explain the Massdam still being in port on the Thursday show as well....:)

Wonderful post. Thanks.

Broadcasting there was terrific PR and surely will bring some tourists as well it should. Charlottetown and PEI are great to visit.

I watched the show this morning and there was no mention of Maasdam.

The show was also great PR for HAL and Maasdam. I'd be so interested to know if suddenly a larger number of people than usual are inquiring about a cruise to Canada. :) Glad we have our booking in place for 2011 though we are looking forward to our sailings this year.

• 3 months later...

I'm quite late catching on to this post...but, as an Islander (3min by car and I'm at the cruise terminal in Charlottetown), I was so impressed with how great the island looked!! The Maasdam bit was awesome! It's been a little more than 3mths since Regis & Kelly were here and "we" recently got some more PR on ABC's Good Morning America

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/weekend-window-prince-edward-island-11901039?tab=9482930&section=1206852&playlist=11128102&page=1

Archived