Ships Plans

pb3053

For some time now I have seen reference made to the 'plan' of a ship and wonder where I can view such plans ?.

I am aware of the plans on, for instance Celebrity's web site and P&O's and refer to it when choosing a cabin but I see posters on this forum from time to time make reference to things such as an 'X' on the plan denoting whether the balcony glass is clear or not, or exactley where the bed is situated in a cabin or the layout of a bathroom or nearby staff service rooms etc etc. This information isnt on the booking plan so could some kind soul advise me where to look for the 'detailed' plan of the Eclipse for instance ?

Thanks

Paul

For some time now I have seen reference made to the 'plan' of a ship and wonder where I can view such plans ?.

I am aware of the plans on, for instance Celebrity's web site and P&O's and refer to it when choosing a cabin but I see posters on this forum from time to time make reference to things such as an 'X' on the plan denoting whether the balcony glass is clear or not, or exactley where the bed is situated in a cabin or the layout of a bathroom or nearby staff service rooms etc etc. This information isnt on the booking plan so could some kind soul advise me where to look for the 'detailed' plan of the Eclipse for instance ?

Thanks

Paul

Go to the sticky for the Solstice at the top of the forum. I think the big X on the balcony glass was only on the Solstice. I believe the cabins are all the same on all of the S class ships.

Thanks for your reply Dianne. I was also of the view that the S - Class were the same but judging by some of the views on this forum the Eclipse isnt exactley the same. So rather than make an error by purchasing a cabin that doesnt suit us I would have liked to have been able to view a more detailed plan of the ship before booking.

Thanks for your reply Dianne. I was also of the view that the S - Class were the same but judging by some of the views on this forum the Eclipse isnt exactley the same. So rather than make an error by purchasing a cabin that doesnt suit us I would have liked to have been able to view a more detailed plan of the ship before booking.

The cabins are the same on Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse. There are some differences in the Silhouette, the next ship in this class.

I thought the blue X was on eclipse when I booked before launch last year, but no x is on the balcony glass. The best balconies are on the hump, for example mid ship 1A in pink on the plan. For example we have booked 9207 on one side and 9270 on the other. Just by the lifts (no noise) and the doors open outward and they have bigger balconies. We had 9229 on 1st June and the door opened inwards as it was a possible adjoining cabin. If you want adjoining, these are good as you can have a little foyer outside your doors which give you a bit more room.

• 2 years later...
I thought the blue X was on eclipse when I booked before launch last year, but no x is on the balcony glass. The best balconies are on the hump, for example mid ship 1A in pink on the plan. For example we have booked 9207 on one side and 9270 on the other. Just by the lifts (no noise) and the doors open outward and they have bigger balconies. We had 9229 on 1st June and the door opened inwards as it was a possible adjoining cabin. If you want adjoining, these are good as you can have a little foyer outside your doors which give you a bit more room.

Hi there, how did you find cabin 9207 on eclipse, mainly info on balcony, we have the chance of booking it for next year

Thank you

Debbie

Archived