How strict is RCI with their age groups?

chinamom60

Most cruiselines are very strict with age and just don't allow kids to move up. There are many threads discussing this same issue, as most members of CC have very advanced children who never want to be in their age group :).

Here's a thread to get you started:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1231082&highlight=moving+age+kids+club

Every line I've sailed has been a no exceptions per birthcertificate or passport. I guess if you fibbed and they have no ID needs you can do what you do.

On the opposite side would you be comfortable if the kids club allowed a bunch of 15 year olds into the 12-14 or perhaps a just a few just turned 18 year olds into an area with your 15 year old?

My daughter and I will be cruising in August. She will turn 12 in November and will be in 7th grade. Will RCI let me sign her into the 12-14 year teen club? Has anyone had this experience? Thanks:confused:

From what I've witnessed, they don't make adjustments for the age group. However, I've heard on these boards that the child will be placed in their age group and after the youth counselors have a chance to get to know that child and observe them, they may be able to make a recommendation to move them up/down depending on the child.

The kids/teen programs will have a list of all children on board who qualify for their programs with their birthday. I saw a copy of it as the Adventure Ocean Manager was looking at it as a woman was trying to lie about her daughter's age to get her into the older group that the cousin was in.

My daughter and I will be cruising in August. She will turn 12 in November and will be in 7th grade. Will RCI let me sign her into the 12-14 year teen club? Has anyone had this experience? Thanks:confused:

Just got off the Mariner on Sunday, and saw the staff refuse two requests to move kids up an age group. I did personally see them allow a young girl who had just turned 9 on the day before sailing move down to the 6-8 group to be with a younger cousin.

Thanks for asking this question. My 11 year old daughter and I were just having the same discussion. We are also cruising in August and she wanted to see if she could move up to the 12-14 group. Now we know that probably won't happen.

Archived