i-pad use on hal ships

pinnaclegirl

would like some feedback on how i-pads are working on hal ships. several months ago, there were some problems relating to log on. also, are they any faster than on board computers and how are they working on various areas on the ships.

The iPad or any other wirelss internet connection device should connect and operate at similar speeds. If you are expecting somehow it will be faster to latency or bandwidth you will be dissapointed. The poor experience on the ship have for the most part nothing to do with whether you are using a iPhone, iTouch, MacPro, or laptop, but the slow satellite connection.

would like some feedback on how i-pads are working on hal ships. several months ago, there were some problems relating to log on. also, are they any faster than on board computers and how are they working on various areas on the ships.

I will have my iPad with me on the 23rd and I will be doing emails. I will let you know how it goes. I have only had the iPad for a few weeks and we are already inseparable. Unless there turns out to be some unusual issue with the internet I see this as the perfect gadget for me when I travel. Stay tuned.

One recommendation that I would like to give to you is when you are done surfing the web with your Ipad you type http://1.1.1.1. If this has changed you will find the correct address online. This will make sure you are signed off the wireless internet and the minutes will stop counting down or you plan. When you are using you ipad for something else, you don't want to be charged for the time when you aren't using the wireless service.

Also remember, unlike hotels and free internet cafes, to get onto the internet on HAL you need to purchase a plan. They range from pay by the minute to 50 minutes 100 minutes and 250 minutes. On the first day and usually the last day they have specials where you can get more minutes for cheaper prices. There have been other posts about how much these plans cost.

My iPad worked without problem on the Veendam last month.

One recommendation that I would like to give to you is when you are done surfing the web with your Ipad you type http://1.1.1.1. If this has changed you will find the correct address online. This will make sure you are signed off the wireless internet and the minutes will stop counting down or you plan. When you are using you ipad for something else, you don't want to be charged for the time when you aren't using the wireless service.

That is the logoff. I bookmarked it so I did not have to type it every logoff.

When using my I-phone I found it quicker to just turn off the wireless signal in ''settings". It worked just as well. I tested it the first time I did it by trying to bring up a website and it came up "not connected to internet"

Trying to use the 1.1.1.1. on the Iphone was cumbersome and time consuming.

When using my I-phone I found it quicker to just turn off the wireless signal in ''settings". It worked just as well. I tested it the first time I did it by trying to bring up a website and it came up "not connected to internet"

Trying to use the 1.1.1.1. on the Iphone was cumbersome and time consuming.

I don't see how bookmarking it and opening the page which logs you out is cumbersome. I bookmarked on my iPhone before I got the iPad. Or how turning off the wireless signal in settings is easier than logging out.

When you logout you get a screen showing how many minutes you have used and have left. Do you get that when you turn off the signal?

Archived