Any one use Bayonne Taxi & Shuttle?

HiLo71

Hi...got the name of this carrier off another thread. I called and they gave me a decent price for service from JFK or LGA to Cape LIberty Terminal. Just wondering if anyone has used them and can offer some feedback.

What was the price they quoted? Folks have used them but not a lot of comments. They have been mentioned primarily in the context of running shuttles between Newark and Cape Liberty - they may be the company used to transport all the folks who buy their hotel and transportation through the cruise line.

Typically the recommendation seems to be to use a NY based car service to go from NY to NJ and a NJ based car service to go from NJ to NY.

They quoted me $25 per/person from LGA or JFK to Bayonne...all inclusive other than gratuity. Seems awfully good to me??? That's why I wanted to know if anyone had anything to say...???

They quoted me $25 per/person from LGA or JFK to Bayonne...all inclusive other than gratuity. Seems awfully good to me??? That's why I wanted to know if anyone had anything to say...???

I haven't used them, but common sense and years of travel experience tell me it doesn't sound correct, particularly to JFK...even for a shared ride shuttle. I believe they charge $15 pp to go from Cape Liberty to EWR on a shared ride shuttle...a small fraction of the length of the ride between LGA or JFK and Cape Liberty.

Need help or advise. Are their taxis or shuttles avaiable disembarking from Cape Liberty to Newark Airport hotels? I assume hotels wont pick up from Cape Liberty. RC wants to charge about $60 dollars a person for trip. There are four in our group. Probably will need a shuttle. Im have the names of three cab companies in Bayonne. Probably will need to take two cabs. Still would be much cheaper.

Need help or advise. Are their taxis or shuttles avaiable disembarking from Cape Liberty to Newark Airport hotels? I assume hotels wont pick up from Cape Liberty. RC wants to charge about $60 dollars a person for trip. There are four in our group. Probably will need a shuttle. Im have the names of three cab companies in Bayonne. Probably will need to take two cabs. Still would be much cheaper.

Yes, taxis and shuttles are available at the port.

The shuttles are primarily designed to get you back to the airport, not the hotels. I think if you want to go to a hotel on the shuttle, you will get dropped at P4 where you can pick up the hotel shuttle. If you want to go directly to a hotel, cab or car service is your best bet.

I would count up your pieces of luggage and contact a car service to pick you all up and take you to your hotel. Be sure you are explicit with them as to how much stuff you have and that there will be 4 people.

Just went back and called Bayonne Taxi again...now the secretary gave me a price of $80 + $19 for tolls and then gratuity. I think the other night when I called it was after hours and the guy didn't really know the prices...hence $25 inclusive...he did tell me to call again during the day...so I think this is more like it...still would love to find someone who used them so I could get some feedback....any other suggestions on where else I can post this question?

Lois - the recommendation is to use a NY based car service to go from NY to NJ, so you need to ask for info on NY based car services. I know folks use Arecibo, but the New Yorkers have their particular favorites. Bayonne taxi is good for the Bayonne/Newark area.

138East...thanks for trying to drill that thought into my head...now the one you mentioned...I presume there is a website or where do I post to get names of NY based services?

If you scroll down further in the east coast homeports you will see a thread dedicated to Bayonne port. It is called Cape Liberty/Bayonne 411- New and Improved. I bet you will get great information there, plus they have a blog

http://mojitomegcapeliberty.blogspot.com/

Good luck!

Thanks Harcin...have called a few and will try to make a decision...it would be easier for our kids do drop us a the Airport than to drive to Cape Liberty...so that's what we're trying to do...find a service from the airport...

Thanks again...

Archived