Carnival LEGEND photos? Cat 8K reviews?

CATJAMMIES

Said only Disney & RCCL. Gonna try the Carnival Legend soon -

Reviews of this ship - and particularly the 8th floor, 8k catagory....?

I've been searching for PHOTOS of the 8K catagory on the Legend ---

How can I find them!?

I was in an 8K third week of June (I think it was 8167). I will try to post some pics soon.

We loved the room. It has an extended balcony. It is several decks above the lifeboats and they never interferred with the view. It is below the pool and the libo but only a few times did we hear anything from above.

You will LOVE the Legend. If you get a chance, take in the hypnotist's show. Hilarious!

I am in HOTlanta --- and it has been H O T this summer!

Would love to see your posted photos ---- particularly hoping there will be plenty of room for 4 --- We have pre/teen daughters - so we'll be utilizing the pulldown from the ceiling single - and the sofa, making into a bed. Hoping we'll have enough room & particularly wondering how the bathroom is laid out.

I love hypnotism! Will hafta watch for that one. Any other really great shows/headliners?

How is the food? Where we are slated for - appears to be under the spa........

We have late seating - hoping that'll be ok.... Not sure if Open is an option....

I am in HOTlanta --- and it has been H O T this summer!

Would love to see your posted photos ---- particularly hoping there will be plenty of room for 4 --- We have pre/teen daughters - so we'll be utilizing the pulldown from the ceiling single - and the sofa, making into a bed. Hoping we'll have enough room & particularly wondering how the bathroom is laid out.

I love hypnotism! Will hafta watch for that one. Any other really great shows/headliners?

How is the food? Where we are slated for - appears to be under the spa........

We have late seating - hoping that'll be ok.... Not sure if Open is an option....

We had a 9 and 15 year old boys. 3 females and a guy in that room could get interesting! Definitely take an over the door organizer. Shoes all over the place was our biggest issue.

We had the drop down bed and pretty much left it out all of the time.

The steward will take the cushions off of the couch and put them under the bed. We still had room for our luggage under there.

The bathroom had plenty of shelving in it. With my wife being the only female in the room, we didn't use them that much, but 3 ladies might. I have pics of the shower and toilet I can post as well. Will have to do it from home tonight (unless my internet fries on me, I've been having issues).

If you don't keep the clutter in check, the room can start to get crowded, but that's the same in a hotel room.

In addition to the hypnotist, we sat in on The Big Easy and the murder mystery. The Big Easy was a song and dance that was actually pretty well done. Jazzy numbers and lots of costume changes. The murder mystery was meh. I wouldn't do it again. It's actually a game that plays out all week. You have to find the clues to figure out who murdered some crew member.

We also sat in on the shopping experts sales/shopping talk only because it was our first cruise. Linda is very long winded.

We had Any Time Dining and it worked out great for us. The food in the dining room are fantastic and the service was great. The buffet food was good to average. The wraps were really good (fresh at the deli). We liked ATD because after a long day in port, we didn't always want to rush to get ready or we wanted to eat and then relax. You still get the singing and dancing with ATD.

We didn't spend tons of time on the Lido around the pool. I tend to get in trouble with the wife when I am around bikinis.

Was on the legend July 4th-11th. Stayed in an 8k (8141) it was my wife and I. The 2 kids were across the hall in 8143. The room has plenty of room for 2 people and plenty of storage area. The balcony is the same lenght as all other balconies, however, the the width is slightly bigger. I would say about a foot to a foot and a half wider then a typical balcony. There are 2 deck chairs and a small round table on the balcony. There is no lounge chairs out there and they would probably only be able to fit just 1 out there. Three decks down from the balcony are the lifeboats, but they are far enough away from you that they do not obstruct your view. Back inside the cabin, if you are using 1 bed instead of 2 twins, there is a couch to sit down on and just chill !! Sorry I didn't take photos of the cabin just of the towel animals !!!

DH and I sailed the Miracle (a sister ship of the Legend) in cabin 8228 some years ago. It was an extended balcony with a convertible sofa and pullman bed (which remained in the "up" position in the ceiling the entire cruise). I'll see if I can find pics for you.

It was our first balcony cabin, and we were upgraded to the extended balcony from our GTY 8A. It was a nice balcony with plenty of leg room, but we didn't get to use it very often because our neighbors were loud obnoxious chain smokers who dropped [yelled] the F-bomb every third word or so. Suffice it to say, we no longer spend the extra $ on balcony cabins when we sail.

But here's a little tip I learned the hard way - make sure the balcony door is closed before you open the main door to your cabin! I opened our cabin door one morning while our balcony door was open, and it created a HUGE wind tunnel that swept every scrap of paper out of the room and into the face of the person delivering our rooms service order!:o

Said only Disney & RCCL. Gonna try the Carnival Legend soon -

Reviews of this ship - and particularly the 8th floor, 8k catagory....?

I've been searching for PHOTOS of the 8K catagory on the Legend ---

How can I find them!?

Here you go. Lots of Legend pictures. The 8K cabins are just like the one pictured, only difference is that the 8K balcony is about 2 feet deeper.

I was on the Legend in April 2009, 8K stateroom. I was on the deck below you, though (cabin 7188), so I can't comment on noise from Lido. But I can provide pictures of the extended balcony! I've never posted pics like this before, so hopefully I get it right the first time :)

Our first cruise, we had a standard balcony, and really only one person could relax out there comfortably for long periods of time. But with the extended balcony, both my husband and I can sit out there comfortably. Lots of leg room on the extended balcony - when it is only $20 or so more expensive than a standard on the same deck, I usually spring for the upgrade!

balcony.jpg.b5eb46e387a1eced37b6864a65a639ca.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ever get photos together?

ALSO WONDERING -

What's the boarding situation for this one? When should we get there? I know cruises typically board early - they just don't publish it.

And did you park at the port? or get a hotel deal? The only deal we've found so far is Hyatt 8 mi away & we're debating if it is really a deal - worth the hassle!?

On Carnival, is there a Formal nite? Semi? Have to dress at all for dinnner? :D

I have a review of our 8K cabin on Spirit (same class as Legend), cabin 7160, here:

http://www.shari.com/2010/05/carnival-spirit-extended-balcony-stateroom-7160.html

That page also has comparison pictures to a spa balcony on Splendor and a Cat 11 (not sure what they are called now?) balcony on Elation.

My husband and I are "balcony people"; we spend a lot of time in the room and on the balcony, so we thought the 8K was wonderful and worth the extra cost. In fact, we've booked one again for the next cruise, this time going for the triple-long 7258 - yum!

Have a good idea -

Is the one with french doors or the one w/door to side & "Pic Window" - what we can expect on Legend?

Also - are there any FORMAL nites on Carnival? Semi? Have to dress at all?

How early (we LOVE to be among the first on!) should we get to the port to board ---- I know many cruiselines board people early.

Is lunch served, as soon as we're onboard? or is that only other cruiselines?

THANKS!

Have a good idea -

Is the one with french doors or the one w/door to side & "Pic Window" - what we can expect on Legend?

Also - are there any FORMAL nites on Carnival? Semi? Have to dress at all?

How early (we LOVE to be among the first on!) should we get to the port to board ---- I know many cruiselines board people early.

Is lunch served, as soon as we're onboard? or is that only other cruiselines?

THANKS!

Sailed on the Legend this July 4th, in an 8K (7277). It had a single door and picture window setup, two deck chairs and a small table on the balcony. IIRC, boarding began around 11:30 -- we arrived at port at that time, and were onboard (as a part of group 9) by noon-ish. Lunch is served on the Lido during embarkation.

There were 2 formal nights -- Monday and Fiday night. Range of clothing for the guys; I saw everything from tuxedos to "really, it's formal night? Well, this is my formal baseball cap..." I didn't feel out of place in a dinner jacket and collared shirt (no tie. I wear a tie 40+ hours a week at work.), and my wife fit right in wearing cocktail dresses. The other nights, basically imagine you're going out to dinner at an decent-if-inexpensive sit-down restaurant (eg, Chilis or Applebees) and you'll fit right in; the range there was from jeans and tee shirts through slacks and dress shirts.

A cabin photo:

34606_1493063613818_1450875447_1287809_1094496_n.jpg

I stayed in room 8174...It was the first cruise that we have ever heard NOise it was bad........Big nice room,Like the other ships..Balcony is alittle bit bigger but you do see the life boats in your view.Go for the other rooms that have no life boats...It is really loud at times though,Keep that in mind....

New question -

Since I guess we are going to park at the port ---

What are some good local hotels - to the port?

If you are driving down, there are hotels that have "Park and Cruise" specials, where you stay one night and get to park your car for free while you are gone. They will also shuttle you to the port and come back and shuttle you back to the hotel when you return. Check here

http://www.visittampabay.com/visitors/cruise/cruise-specials/

We are going on the Legend in October and have an 8K, but on Deck 7, since I prefer decks with people above and below me. We are staying at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point (which has removed their special from the Tampa Bay Website, but we have a confirmed reservation). We are also flying in the day before. They will take us from airport to hotel, and then from hotel to port, then from port to airport. Add breakfast into that and its a great deal!

• 3 years later...
I will have some pics in a couple weeks. I have 8172 and in-laws have 8174 booked on 7/25.

Is there anyway I can see your pics from your balcony or actually your in-laws balcony. As we are gonna be in cabin 8174 in Oct and I'm just trying to find out exactly how big the extended balcony really is ? :confused::)

New question -

Since I guess we are going to park at the port ---

What are some good local hotels - to the port?

Some hotels have free parking for cruisers with shuttle. Usually also have breakfast.

Port parking is $15 a day. 241 Parking is $7.99 a day, 1 mile to port terminal. You can drop off luggage at terminal and then park and they will take you to port or park and they will take luggage and you to port. If you get there too early, before 11am, they drop you off across the street. You need a reservation at 241. Very cooperative people. Lot is fenced but grassy or areas with rock.

I get to the port about 10:30, check in and board with Platinum about 11:15am.

2 elegant nights. Don't need to worry too much about that, it's still casual.

Extra space on balcony is wonderful, makes a big difference.

French door cabins don't have a balcony--you aren't in one of those.

Lunch on Lido is served when you board. It's a madhouse!

Is there anyway I can see your pics from your balcony or actually your in-laws balcony. As we are gonna be in cabin 8174 in Oct and I'm just trying to find out exactly how big the extended balcony really is ? :confused::)

I was in 8174 for our Legend cruise. I posted the pics on cruiselinerooms dot com. This was in 2011 but the layout is still the same.

Archived