cruise for 40th birthday!

xrayvin

This is way ahead of time, but I thought I would do some searching. My best friend and I both turn 40 sept 2013 and we are considering a cruise to celebrate. We have to do a shorter cruise and I have never even looked at the less then 7 day cruises. Because we live in middle america (and a small town not close to major airports) it does make it harder to get to the cruise ports cheaply. I am looking for any input on certain ships, itineraries, and anything else people might want to share. Really interested in West coast as this is an area I have no experience with and also it is closer. What are the shorter cruises out of LA like?

Thanks again!

I am looking for warm weather! I was wondering about specific ships or itineraries. Is it worth only going to Enenada and Catalina? What about the cruise that only goes to Cabo? but thanks for the quick reply!

Catalina Island is nice but very small not much to do really~ and Ensenada is kinda a dump~ to put it nicely~ lol~! I would do the 2 days at Cabo trip~ I was on the Splendor in March and LOVED Cabo~ would gladly go there for 2 days!!

We have to do a shorter cruise and I have never even looked at the less then 7 day cruises.

Since your experience is all with longer cruises, you may be surprised (happily or unhappily, depending on your point of view) by the different culture of a short cruise.

That said, how about leaving from Galveston? It's about two thirds of the distance vs. LA, and Carnival offers four and five day Western Caribbean cruises from there.

Hi,

Can't really help you with your answer, but I celebrate my 40th birthday in November 2010 and am flying to Barbados on the day I turn 40 to do a 14 night Caribbean cruise with Sea Princess. I am travelling alone but am so excited and can't wait to go. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Thanks for the replies! traceyd~your cruise sounds amazing!!! Have so much fun

We have decided that the 2 day in Cabo looks like the way we will go. I am hoping that it will still be available in 3 years!! Carnival Spirit looks like a nice ship as well. Now I will just read and follow other cruise people and start my planning in a couple years.

Thanks again

Archived