Dress code for London theater

Kugel

Like many places now some people don't bother what they wear to whatever occassion, but for the majority of people going to the theatre is still a little special so they do try to make an effort smart casual is best. smart jeans and a nice shirt for the men but you don't seem to see many ladies in jeans but whatever makes you feel comfortable no one will say anything it's your evening too enjoy

I always wear my official tourist garb...a clean t shirt, blue jeans (no holes), white sneakers and a baseball cap (worn frontwards)...I dress the same way when I go to Broadway. You know something; I haven't been thrown out or talked to yet.

A month ago my niece and I were at the Apollo Victoria and saw Wicked - evening show. Crowd was very young - most people dressed very casual (jeans, shorts, and blouse or even tees). Actually even saw some kids with flip flops. We each wore black slacks and I had on a cotton sweater and she had a white blouse and we each wore sandals (very simple outfit) and that seemed overdressed.

Archived