Livorno Cinque Terre ??

lilwondr

Can one take a taxi from Livorno port to Monterossa (Cinque Terre northern end of trail) and then take a taxi from Riomaggiore (Cinque Terre southern end of trail)? Is the pricing and timing reasonable? We want to walk the trail, not do the tours with ferryboats, etc. I have grave concerns, based on experience, of relying on the Italian Train system to be timely and we are only there for 12 hours

It probably won't make economic sense to try and hire two different cab drivers. You will certainly be able to get one at the port in Livorno and hire them for the day - they can drop you off at Monterosso and pick you up in Riomaggiore.

Two individual drivers going that far from their home base would each charge you for a round trip, which I'm guessing would cost you as much or more than one guy for the entire day, and while I have no doubt about the ease of getting a cab at the port in Livorno, I don't know how easy it is in Riomaggiore, I've never tried it there.

You can certainly get a taxi for the day at the port, but it is probably going to cost you about 300 - 400 Euros. A less costly option is to simply rent a car and drive yourself. There is paid parking right in Riomaggiore (also free parking along the access road....which does involve a hike).

Hank

Archived