Tendering in Juneau question

utseabee

We are tendering in Juneau, and wondering where the boat will drop us off at? And how long does it take to get off the ship when we get there? Trying to organize when to do what :)

We are in town from 1-10.

We tendered when we were there in 2008 on the Tahitian Princess. They dropped us right near the beginning of the downtown area but when we went in in the morning the ramp leading up was at about a 45 degree angle. It was a tough climb for wife but we both made it finally. But we were the last ones to the bus for our tour. When we came back in the afternoon the tide had come in and ramp was much more managable.

The trip in doesn't take long, 10 minutes or less, I would estimate.

Have a great next cruise.

Oh, my gosh!

I didn't know they EVER tendered in Juneau! I've always been on HAL and we've always been right at the dock, by the parking for the Library.

There's always something to learn on CC!;)

If I remember right there were 5 ships there the day we were there and our ship, the Royal Princess, and a Carnival ship were both tendering in passengers because the 3 dock spaces were filled with a HAL, another Princess and a RCL ship.

Have a great next cruise.

We were on Princess a couple of weeks ago and tendered in Juneau.

Our tender boats went to Marine Park dock. It's considered Dock 4 I believe and is the furtherest from the main down town area. Even so, it's not much of a walk to get to downtown....ends up being a couple of blocks really.

The tender itself only took about 5 minutes. It's waiting for it to fill up that takes a little while. I would say to plan on about 30 minutes total if you have specific time you need to be there.

On Princess, the first passengers they took were the ones with excursions booked through the ship that had an early meet time. Not sure if yours will be the same but it's something to keep in mind.

Hope this helps!

If you would like to find out which dock your ship will be at, go to juneau.com

Underneath "Visitor Resources" click on 2010 cruise ship calendar. It shows the number of cruise ships that are arriving on that day and which dock each is assigned.

Thanks, i knew we were tendering, but I googled the code on the calendar, and from archives of Cruise Critic, AIF tenders pull in near the Mount Roberts Tram, which is awesome, that is the side of town i wanted to be on! DH is doing so much stuff that I want to do, so I really wanted him to get to go to the Alaska Brewing Company, and google maps puts their adress within .3 miles of the Mount roberts Tram. So YAY!

Thanks, i knew we were tendering, but I googled the code on the calendar, and from archives of Cruise Critic, AIF tenders pull in near the Mount Roberts Tram, which is awesome, that is the side of town i wanted to be on! DH is doing so much stuff that I want to do, so I really wanted him to get to go to the Alaska Brewing Company, and google maps puts their adress within .3 miles of the Mount roberts Tram. So YAY!

The tender dock by the tramway is being rebuilt and is under heavy construction (as of 2 weeks ago) so I don't know where you'll go. And the brewery is out in the Mendenhall Valley, 5 miles from the docks.

The tender dock by the tramway is being rebuilt and is under heavy construction (as of 2 weeks ago) so I don't know where you'll go. And the brewery is out in the Mendenhall Valley, 5 miles from the docks.

bummer! I'm just gonna stop researching anything since apparently anything I think I've found out is wrong anyway!

Alaska Brewing Co. has two locations. One not far from the tram- and one at Lemon Creek area- about 6 miles from town. The downtown location does not have a "testing" area yet- the Lemon Creek one does.

Archived