Specialty Restaurants - 2 for 1

kobykoby

I will be sailing on the Spirit. I have read that sometimes there are special prices on the specialty restaurants (ex. Cagneys 2/1 on the fee). Does this happen on every cruise? Where will that info be posted and when? As always, thanks for your help. :)

People here seem to be indicating that the two for one specials aren't being offered very often any more. When they are, they usually show up in the daily, and are usually only available for the first hour and last hour the restaurant is open, unless it is an embarkation special. It also doesn't hurt to ask the hostess if it's being offered at all.

I agree with the previous respondant; we haven't seen them nearly as much on recent sailings other than an occasional "embarkation special," or, as you mentioned, an announced "early bird" special in one of the restaurants (IIRC, it was for 5-6 PM seating only).

But as he points out, it never hurts to ask one of the hosts/hostesses. The worst s/he will tell you is "no" they aren't being offered on your sailing.

enjoy!

The only time we have ever seen them offer that special was on the Dawn last Nov. Out of the 14 days of cruising they offered it three or four times and it was for the first 1.5 or 2 hours of being open and for Salsa, Lotus Garden and Le Bistro. We took advantage of it twice for Lotus Garden and once for Le Bistro. To me, although I LOVE Lotus Garden, the best value when they offered that was for Le Bistro.

I will be sailing on the Spirit. I have read that sometimes there are special prices on the specialty restaurants (ex. Cagneys 2/1 on the fee). Does this happen on every cruise? Where will that info be posted and when? As always, thanks for your help. :)

Instead of a direct answer...let me offer some advice. IOW, this is what I would do (or would have done) if I were in your exact situation....

You use the phrase "I have read that..." at the beginning of your question. Whenever I find myself in the situation where I might have to start a question that way, I just return to where I read whatever it was and I ask the question there. I've always found this to be a great source for information mainly for two reasons:

1) The people I'm asking have personal direct experience

2) The people I'm asking are directly involved in the exact scenario that I am asking about so they have first hand knowledge of the exact example.

As I said...just would I would have done. Everyone makes their own choices.

If the specialty restaurants aren't booking as much as they'd like they'll run a 2 for 1 special but you never know when, just read the daily. It's usually for the early and late times.

Our last two NCL cruises were 13 days (Panama Canal) on the Star and 15 days (Transatlantic) on the Sun. There were no 2 for 1 dining deals offered on either of those cruises. We kept checking, but they were never offered. :(

On 3 recent NCL cruises there were no 2for1 specialty restaurant meals advertised. We have always bought the romance package and Le Bistro has had a fairly good crowd, but since they raised the price so much higher, there were only 2 tables occupied when we ate there on our last cruise in May.We probably will skip it next time. The waiters were literally hovering over us, way too much for us. Maybe they were hoping for a tip since there were so few people there.

When we were on the Jewel there was an Early Bird special each day at Cagney's, noted in the daily ship's paper. HOWEVER, that was two years ago and my understanding is that NCL is now rarely doing discounts at the specialty restaurants.

Instead of a direct answer...let me offer some advice. IOW, this is what I would do (or would have done) if I were in your exact situation....

You use the phrase "I have read that..." at the beginning of your question. Whenever I find myself in the situation where I might have to start a question that way, I just return to where I read whatever it was and I ask the question there. I've always found this to be a great source for information mainly for two reasons:

1) The people I'm asking have personal direct experience

2) The people I'm asking are directly involved in the exact scenario that I am asking about so they have first hand knowledge of the exact example.

As I said...just would I would have done. Everyone makes their own choices.

Talk about overkill. Jeez! :rolleyes:

There were 2 for 1 specials on the Star last August (09) in the Tex Mex restuarant. They actually offered it for 2 or 3 days during the week we were on board.

Sure didn't have that on the Star in December!

Hi -

My husband and I sailed on the Spirit (Boston to Bermuda) 7/2 to 7/9, and there were "Two for one Specials" offered in Shogun, La Trattoria, and Le Bistro on Sunday and Monday only, from 5:30 to 7:00 PM. This information was printed on an insert in our daily, and was publicized other places around the ship. Unfortunately Cagney's was not on the list, but we felt was well worth the visit, promotion or not!

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived