Anyone familiar w/Minneapolis MN airport??

grak

I'm changing planes on a Delta carrier -- I have less than 40 minues after arrival to catch the next flight. Is the airport hard to navigate? I'd appreciate suggestions.

I'd ask this question on the Cruise Air forum, which is under the Cruise Discussions heading.

I've been through this airport changing planes and I remember it being huge and we walked forever. Staying on the same airline didn't mean the gates were in the same section of the airport.

Your challenge is going to be the 40 minute layover. It is very tight.

I would look up the Minneapolis airport on the internet to see if you can find a diagram of the airport.

Why did you book such a short connection?

Is it with Delta on both flights? At least that will be better.

Keith

It's pretty easy to navigate, but it's just HUGE. It's one of Delta's hubs. They have a people mover, so if your gate is really far, just hop on that. It comes every few minutes. It'll be tight, but you should make it. You may get lucky and have close gates.

I am from Minneapolis (suburbs) You SHOULD be fine, but 80% of the airport is delta, so you could be right next to the other aircraft, or it could be at the other side of the airport.

Your biggest problem would be if there were to be a delay with the first plane.

I agree with the other posters. MN airport is quite large but heavily Delta populated. I wouldn't delay getting off and heading for your next gait. They have a train/tram that when running can save a lot of time. They also have moving walkways for nearly the entire length of the airport. You should be able to make it but you won't have any time to delay, especially if your connections is on the other side of the airport. Have fun.

I actually work for Delta. Be proactive rather than reactive. Check your gate departures in advance. If your 1st flight is late, tell the agent.

If you arrive in MSP late, check the TV monitors before racing to your next gate. (sometimes flights are switched, at the last minute) 40 minutes is fine unless you need wheelchair assistance. If you are arriving late into MSP, once the plane touches the ground, call Delta on their 800 #, for updated gate info. There's a magazine in the seat pocket that has a map of the airport. Relax.

Archived