New Way to Smuggle Booze?

parrotthead

When I was a teenager and 80lbs heavier than I am now (I was a big boy for sure), I could have pulled it off no problem. Mine were bigger than my mother's!

(Poor little A cup trying to pretend she's a B cup!)

Woefully I am now but a fraction of my former self. :D

- IT Geek

There will be a lot of "D" cups cruising the open waters ;)

[/b]

Then why would you CHEAT someone out of their chair.It is not your job to touch their stuff,you would need to get a crew member to do it,but you state you would just take it,if in your opinion they were at breakfast or something. (they could be in the pool)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=609419&highlight=

Steve

Not even the same. Go ahead and try to compare to two not even close. I think it wrong do you bring your own drinks with you when you go out for dinner no different. I also like how you went and looked at my post from a year ago. what are you a stalker:D

Not even the same. Go ahead and try to compare to two not even close. I think it wrong do you bring your own drinks with you when you go out for dinner no different. I also like how you went and looked at my post from a year ago. what are you a stalker:D

No he knows like the rest of us that most people who post anti-smuggling comments are hypocrites. They don't speed, turn in their library books late or go through the 8 items or less lane with a cart full.

Smuggler and proud of it.:D

When you stay at a hotel for a land vacation, does the hotel prohibit you from bringing your own liquor to your room? No. So why do we think it's perfectly normal for a ship to do the same thing? I consider the ship my hotel for the duration of my vacation. I am an adult. If I want to enjoy my own adult beverages in my hotel room during my stay, why is it "ripping off" the cruise line if I choose to do so? I kinda feel like they're ripping me off when they charge me $7.76 for a single glass of Beringer White Zinfandel when I can go to my local grocery store and get the same bottle for $6. **the whole bottle, not just ONE glass**

As far as my customers ripping me off, they don't. I charge a fair price for my services and they gladly pay cos they know it's a fair deal. They're not going to India to get cheaper medical transcription behind my back cos they don't feel like they're being ripped off when they get my bill.

Whether or not I bring my own beverages, I still walk off the ship with a hefty S&S tab....

The answer is extremely simple. When booking a cruise YOU have given your word not to bring booze on board. No doubt somewhere there is a hotel that does not allow booze to be brought in to the hotel. I assume you would choose NOT to book that hotel due to that policy. So then how is it OK to give YOUR word that you will not bring booze aboard a Carnival ship and then violate your own given promise in order to save a few pennies?

Book a cruiseline that allows you to bring on your own booze. If you cannot find one, book a vacation type where you do not violate you own promises.

Speeding and library books?

I've never returned a library book late in my adult life. Did as a high schooler, paid the fine. Not even a similar situation. Speeding, same thing, pay the fine, pay the increased insurance premium for the indiscretion.

On the cruise line, pay the resort prices they charge or don't drink. You knew going in what the program, prices ,and policies are. You find it unacceptable, don't book.

The answer is extremely simple. When booking a cruise YOU have given your word not to bring booze on board. No doubt somewhere there is a hotel that does not allow booze to be brought in to the hotel. I assume you would choose NOT to book that hotel due to that policy. So then how is it OK to give YOUR word that you will not bring booze aboard a Carnival ship and then violate your own given promise in order to save a few pennies?

Book a cruiseline that allows you to bring on your own booze. If you cannot find one, book a vacation type where you do not violate you own promises.

Speeding and library books?

I've never returned a library book late in my adult life. Did as a high schooler, paid the fine. Not even a similar situation. Speeding, same thing, pay the fine, pay the increased insurance premium for the indiscretion.

On the cruise line, pay the resort prices they charge or don't drink. You knew going in what the program, prices ,and policies are. You find it unacceptable, don't book.

I agree with that. And you don't want to get kicked off the boat if you get caught.

No one is going to kick you off the ship if you get caught. They will simply take your alcohol. That's it. Not even a slap on the wrist.

And if you use the original container, you even get it back for the last night of the cruise!

Just want to say 3 things

1. Why don't all of the holy than our people who feel like smuggling is immoral and wrong - quit hyjacking the thread - it is not about that.

2. Pro smugglers - quit letting them bait you - ignore them and maybe they will go start their own theard about how fun it is to pay that giant bar tab!

3 Check out this - he can travel!

BeerBelly-front.jpg

No one is going to kick you off the ship if you get caught. They will simply take your alcohol. That's it. Not even a slap on the wrist.

If this is true and you even get the alcohol back on the last night what is all the fuss about? I'd say smuggle away, what have you got to lose? I wish my deceased husband knew that. He hated paying the high prices on the boat. But we thought you'd be kicked off if you were caught.

Too bad I don't drink much or I'd smuggle some on myself. :D

I've changed my position. I say, have at it and GOOD LUCK!

Yeah, wasnt trying to start (another) thread on the 'evils of smuggleing'...just thought the product was funny.

I dont think the prices on the ship are that inflated, actually they are cheaper then some of our local bars (seriously--> $5.25 for a bottle of budlight or miller light at some of our local hangouts--dont even think of ordering a mixed cocktail at these places...:rolleyes:)

Yesterday we paid $10 each for a (so-so) Barcardi Mojito at TacoDiner, and they sell ONE kind...and thats it. I will say I have Never paid $10 for a mojito on the ship!

I dont smuggle (the winerack would not fit me anyway):eek:

But to those who do...more power to ya...It does not effect my Vacation in any way...I dont care and am confused by those who do...

:)

~Cant we all just get along~:)

Yeah, wasnt trying to start (another) thread on the 'evils of smuggleing'...just thought the product was funny.

I dont think the prices on the ship are that inflated, actually they are cheaper then some of our local bars (seriously--> $5.25 for a bottle of budlight or miller light at some of our local hangouts--dont even think of ordering a mixed cocktail at these places...:rolleyes:)

Yesterday we paid $10 each for a (so-so) Barcardi Mojito at TacoDiner, and they sell ONE kind...and thats it. I will say I have Never paid $10 for a mojito on the ship!

I dont smuggle (the winerack would not fit me anyway):eek:

But to those who do...more power to ya...It does not effect my Vacation in any way...I dont care and am confused by those who do...

:)

~Cant we all just get along~:)

Carnival prices are cheaper than the booze at Atlantis. DW and I paid $21 for two rum and cokes, without tip. And I thought Carnival was bad.

Carnival prices are cheaper than the booze at Atlantis. DW and I paid $21 for two rum and cokes, without tip. And I thought Carnival was bad.

yes, Theres a great RhumBar in GrandCayman (Breezes) and it really funny to sit there and watch the people (usually American) who look at the menu, the prices on the menu (and not the disclaimer at the bottom of the menu that says "Please note if you do not live on the island, you are in a different country with its own currency. All prices are listed in Cayman Dollars") watch them order drink after drink then get the bill (which is listed in Cayman Dollars AND USD for convienence) it can be quite entertaining.

(this is one of our favorite pasttimes when we are in the Caymans)

:D

~I know that had not much to do with the tread at hand, but it went along with the pricey drinks conversation~:)

Archived