Snacks

Is it worth it to bring snacks in my luggage? I'm thinking about chips, snack mix, etc. It doesn't appear on the list of confiscated items. I know that food is all-inclusive. I'm just wondering if these is a place to get things like that on the ship or if there is an extra charge for snacks, as opposed to the dining room or buffets.

Thanks!

There really aren't the kind of snacks that you've mentioned but there's fruit and such available all the time along with pizza and ice cream available 24 hours a day.

There's nothing to prevent you from carrying snacks with you if that's your concern.

:)

You can buy some snacks in the shops (Host Mach is talking about the free stuff). You can buy a bunch of different candies by the oz, in formalities and chips, nuts and candies in the regular shops, where they sell liquor. Not cheap, but if you dont like desserts and stuff for a snack, you could bring some. Iv brought snacks, and never touch them. Too much else to eat.

Carnival would never let you go hungry. Arrive...lunch....lido serves pretty much all day...dinner.... room service.....sea day...breakfast....snack on lido....lunch....tea time....dinner.....snack on lido....room service, you get the idea, no one has ever gone on this web site and said they lost weight cruising with Carnival. You can bring food on board, you cannot take open bags of food off the ship in the ports. I would suggest you not bring them only because if you are full from your own snacks you won't want to try something new. And it leaves more room in your suitcase:rolleyes:. Happy Cruising!

I always bring snacks of some kind on a cruise. Most of the time I bring a bag of

"Goldfish" or potato chips along with 3 or 4 bottles of Snapple. :p If I'm taking a break in the cabin or watching a little TV, I like to have a snack at hand. :cool: Have never had a problem bringing any of that stuff on board. :rolleyes:

I called room service once and asked them if they had potato chips and they brought me a big bowl of them.

I suppose you can bring them with you although I don't see the need for it. Whatever floats your boat.

You can get potato chips and pretzels from room service 25 hrs a day.

I love chips and pretzels, and know I can get them from room service. But I find it hard to work them in between the 7 or 8 meals they force down my neck every day!!!:D:D:D

I always bring on some snacks. Things like individually wrapped candy and granola bars for when I'm in port. We were once delayed getting on board in Long Beach for 2 hours. Luckily I had some bars with me so at least my party had something to snack on while we waited.

My favorite is pretzels, and maybe a can of mixed nuts. I've found nuts available in the ships shops, pretzels very infrequently.

While it is true that food is available 24 hrs a day, it is nice to be able to, if sitting in the cabin or waiting for others to go somewhere to grab a snack.

Also If you're watching tv or a movie late at night, and room service is the only option (other than pizza and ice cream) and you want something it can take a while to be delivered, we left Cozumel at 11 pm in December , and I happened to be hungry at 12 am or so, called room service for a quick plate of cookies and some chips and a coke . 3 phone calls and 1 and 1/2 hrs later they showed up, per the waiter, happens all the time when the ship leaves port late at night, they get swamped .

sad to say that the cookies and most of the chips went to waste, I ended up eating my own snacks while waiting, not really what i wanted to eat , but i didn't fall asleep hungry..

It can also be a consideration as to your cabin location , if you are at the other end of the ship from where the food might be , it can be a long walk up and down a few decks and/or forward and aft to the food, specially if all you want is a small snack, or its 4 am and your cabin mate is a light sleeper who will be wakened up by the room service waiter knocking oon the cabin door.

I'd say bring something or buy something on the ship, and if you dont happen to finish it off, then you have snacks for the plane ride home .

Tom

We took some different thing on our second cruise. It was because there was a hurricane heading towards the area and we were in florida two days before our cruise. We ended up eating most of it during excursion and the unopened items we gave to the steward at the end of the cruise. Something else I have seen here is some people take zip-loc bags and take snacks with them on excursions. As for needing them on the ship. I know that we don't, simply because there is so much to eat and try on the ship.

Archived