First time on explorer of the seas in nov

And we were wondering if mini skirts are acceptable for formal nights ... My wife loves to wear hers?

Good day! You will get a million different opinions on dressing for Formal Night in the MDR. We happen to be a fan of dressing according to the suggested dress codes, especially Formal Nights. Gown/Palazzo/cocktail type clothing for me and DH wears a dark Navy suit, tie, etc. It just enhances that evening for us. In my opinion only, I don't feel a "mini anything", is considered Formal Night attire, unless you are going to the WJ for dinner.

I think the reason they suggest various dressing options is because many first time cruisers do not have an inkling of what to wear each night and it sort of tells them what would be appropriate.

Have fun and safe sails. The choice is your wife's.

How Mini is Mini? Does she have the legs for a Mini skirt?

She's got the legs alright!

While we are asking questions ... What about jeans .. When is it ok to wear them ?

Jeans are discouraged for formal night. However, they are fine at other times. Remember - you're going to the Caribbean where you may find jeans to be too warm. However, they'll feel good the 1st and last sea days.

We cruise in warm weather, so have never brought jeans...just too hot and confining in the humidity! They are fine, anytime but formal nights!

As far as the "mini" skirt, it's probably not appropriate for formal night, but for any other evening it would be fine. On formal nights, the appropriate attire is cocktail dress or gown....neither by definition is a mini-skirt!

Guest maddycat

Jeans will be fine any night but formal night. The AC will be blasting away on the ship so it won't be too hot to wear jeans comfortably.

If the mini skirt outfit is fairly dressy I'm sure that it would be fine for formal night.

Archived