Questions about the Splendor

tdggal1980

Hello fellow cruisers!

DH & I just got back from the July 3rd sailing of the Freedom (had a GREAT time!) and we are now thinking about our 2011 sailing :D We are considering the June 26, 2011 sailing of the Splendor (Mexican Riveria) out of Los Angeles. We've never been on the Splendor so we were wondering if anyone can provide any insight on the ship. Specifically:

Has anyone done this itinerary? What did you think of it?

What highlights do the ship offer (i.e. specialty restaurants, bars, etc.)? DH & I really liked the Mongolian Wok on the Freedom and was wondering if the ship offered this option?

Can you check your folio from the t.v. in your room?

I appreciate any feedback - we are excited to book our next trip! :)

Thanks!

Hello! You might want to check out the thread "All Things Splendor". You might find some of your answers there. I would post a link but I don't know how to do it. Sorry.

Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1199235 :) It's a long thread with tons of information about the Splendor. :D

See below...

Hello fellow cruisers!

DH & I just got back from the July 3rd sailing of the Freedom (had a GREAT time!) and we are now thinking about our 2011 sailing :D We are considering the June 26, 2011 sailing of the Splendor (Mexican Riveria) out of Los Angeles. We've never been on the Splendor so we were wondering if anyone can provide any insight on the ship. Specifically:

Has anyone done this itinerary? What did you think of it? We did this itinerary in 2003 aboard the Pride. Loved it! There's a lot of great info about the ports on the Mexican Riviera Port of Call board.

What highlights do the ship offer (i.e. specialty restaurants, bars, etc.)? DH & I really liked the Mongolian Wok on the Freedom and was wondering if the ship offered this option? The steakhouse is the Pinnacle. Yes, there's a Mongolian grill. Also Tandoori, deli, etc.

Can you check your folio from the t.v. in your room? Don't know for sure since we haven't sailed the Splendor yet, but I'm assuming so.

I appreciate any feedback - we are excited to book our next trip!

Thanks!

I've been on the Splendor (and loved it so much we're booked on it again). The itinerary is fine, but I won't lie, June is HOT in Mexico. Very hot. 90s and humid.

There is a Mongolian BBQ, a "rotisserie" with freshly cooked rotisserie chicken, a smallish salad bar, some fantastic macaroni and cheese, and a couple of other sides (kind of hidden, upstairs from the Lido buffet, a specialty steakhouse (with Versaci plates no less (haven't tried it, but have heard positive reviews), a Tandor (Indian) cafe (small, outside by the adult pool), a "deli" with made to order sandwiches and panini (opposite side of the adult pool from the Tandor), and a burrito bar (ok, nothing out of the ordinary). As for the bars, and clubs, the usual and customary.

You can check your folio on the TV in your cabin, and that's a nice feature.

One other lovely feature is the spa area, it costs extra (unless you splurge on a spa cabin), but has a huge therapy pool (like a huge jacuzzi), and 2 types of sauna, and steam rooms.

I've been on the Splendor (and loved it so much we're booked on it again). The itinerary is fine, but I won't lie, June is HOT in Mexico. Very hot. 90s and humid.

There is a Mongolian BBQ, a "rotisserie" with freshly cooked rotisserie chicken, a smallish salad bar, some fantastic macaroni and cheese, and a couple of other sides (kind of hidden, upstairs from the Lido buffet, a specialty steakhouse (with Versaci plates no less (haven't tried it, but have heard positive reviews), a Tandor (Indian) cafe (small, outside by the adult pool), a "deli" with made to order sandwiches and panini (opposite side of the adult pool from the Tandor), and a burrito bar (ok, nothing out of the ordinary). As for the bars, and clubs, the usual and customary.

You can check your folio on the TV in your cabin, and that's a nice feature.

One other lovely feature is the spa area, it costs extra (unless you splurge on a spa cabin), but has a huge therapy pool (like a huge jacuzzi), and 2 types of sauna, and steam rooms.

Sounds like a great ship. We haven't 100% decided on this itinerary but it is definitely a front runner! I really want to do an European itinerary so we'll see how it goes. DH was really wondering about the checking of the folio on the t.v. in the room so now I can tell him it has been confirmed! ;)

I appreciate your input - thanks again!

Check out Brian's Review starting on about page 13 of the All Things Splendor. Amazing work by this man!!

He has written it up beautifully, reads like a TV Show!! So inciteful and entertaining, you will be blown away with all the little details!

Have fun! We are leaving next Sunday!! I can't tell you how excited my group of 12 is! Most especially after reading Brian's review!

Archived