How to tell regular addicts from cruise line employees on message boards?

lusitanica

It takes some posters a couple of minutes to appear here to negate any posts, ideas, judgements that sound not favorable to Epic.

Been on the "boards" for 5 years although I don't post too often. Have learned a lot from these boards including a pretty good idea of whose posts are "trustworthy". time2cruise1 is my top choice for info and lol great aft photos:)

I've noticed that there are posters new to the NCL boards with the debut of Epic who seem to make only negative comments about NCL & Epic and tout the other cruise lines instead. Not sure why they're bothering to cruise a ship they seem determined to dislike.

Why not just cancel?

We have talked about that several times.

We like ships.

We like to explore brand new ships.

We can cope with cabin design (just 2 of us) and close our eyes to other negatives.

We would love to attend new shows.

We expect excellent dining experience.

We are looking forward to having good vacation time on Epic in November.

Once the ship is explored, shows seen, food tasted - positives are gone.

Negatives are still there.

Why sail again then?

There are many more interesting ships.

Okay...sorry... so I misquoted you.... "10 out of 21 restaurants not worth considering for dinner"....is that better? :rolleyes:

Nobody has disproven anything, other than "inaugural transatlantic" having been confused for Inaugural, by 2 or 3 posters out of the thousands of people who sailed (notwithstanding that 1 out of the 3 posters wasn't even onboard).

Not only have I not been 'disproven', but some of the more trusted and prolific posters have backed what I've said in this regard.

You on the other hand are someone who has had nothing but negative things to say, and you accuse me of being a cheerleader. I've certainly not claimed that status myself, and I've had my share of issues...as I said, I've written my letter to the company outlining my concerns and I'm dealing with them responsibly rather than slagging them in public without giving them a chance to redeem themselves.

as I said, I've written my letter to the company outlining my concerns and I'm dealing with them responsibly rather than slagging them in public without giving them a chance to redeem themselves

I appreciate it.

You on the other hand are someone who has had nothing but negative things to say, and you accuse me of being a cheerleader.

Nope.

You are deflecting subject again.

We are very positive to Epic as we've paid $$$$ for the cruise and don't regret it.

We are not positive to blind denial of obvious Epic design flaws on discussion board.

BTW, have you had a chance to count how many dining venues are recommended in Which restaurants are MUST EATS and which to SKIP? thread?:)

I too am a cruiser (not a staff mem) but only post very little as I only sail every 2 yrs (more if financially able too). However, I will give feedback after my cruise to help others. If someone is making so many neg. feedback remarks, then sail another ship/line. I normally skip those until I sail as everyone has a diff opion on things.

BTW, have you had a chance to count how many dining venues are recommended in Which restaurants are MUST EATS and which to SKIP? thread?:)

Yup. I even added a post. In my post, I counted 17.

I probably wouldn't have eaten at the deck 15 poolside restaurant, simply because I'm not often poolside.... so I would deem 17 / 18 restaurants as suitable for me, for dinner.

And I'm just a cruiser, not an employee. I couldn't afford the travel I do, on the wages a cruiseline pays their employees.

You can follow-along on my travels by clicking the Webshots folder in my signature.. I've posted some countries ONLY to Facebook...so if you want to see specifics from a certain country, just ask and I'll upload to webshots.

We have talked about that several times.

We like ships.

We like to explore brand new ships.

We can cope with cabin design (just 2 of us) and close our eyes to other negatives.

We would love to attend new shows.

We expect excellent dining experience.

We are looking forward to having good vacation time on Epic in November.

Once the ship is explored, shows seen, food tasted - positives are gone.

Negatives are still there.

Why sail again then?

There are many more interesting ships.

your list of expectations will come true and then plus some.

I am so ready to go again and I just got home last night.

enjoy.

I tend to look at these reviews like they do at the Olympics.

Throw out the lowest and the highest scores. Somewhere in the middle is the truth.

I usually like the 'facts". i.e. There are 21 restaurants. Or the room is 189 sq feet.

I can make my own opinion as to what one I want to try.

If someone has all negatives, I want to feel sorry for them actually.

Whenever I see people complaining how bad all the food is, I wonder how they eat at home.

I can honestly say that in my opinion on all the ships I have been on I have never had food that crappy to say it was awful. AND wow if I don't like a dish where else can I just order another and not pay.

Some people are just happy folk, and others......well you know them, they have miserable lives anyways.

I try to temper my opinion with the fact that is is MY emotions not someone elses nor is my opinion factual.

All of this being said, these forums are a great exchange of information, and sometimes entertainment.

You have not answered my question.

I can can help.

I counted 9 there (including Cirque show).

We are planning to visit 6.

funny, you must have missed my post. There were 17 in it. Enjoy your 6.

I know several NCL staff read these boards, but never post. I doubt they have the time, or the desire to do so.

I expect that is anyone in reading these reviews they will discount the worst 10% and the best 10% and concentrate on what the majority are feeding back.

By FAR though the best way to provide feedback is ON THE SHIP. That way you can hopefully correct whatever issue you have at the time. I've always believed it is a waste of time complaining to someone who can do nothing to fix your problem.

Good morning,

I am surprised at the cat fight that is taking place on these boards. You are both entitled to your opinions and you gave them. You are not a representative for NCL nor are you in the position of selling or critiquing their procuct. You are lucky enough to have this forum to express your opinion. That is the beginning and the end of this.........I am bored with both of you.

Later,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

Archived