2 bermuda questions

hftmrock

regarding snorkeling, do you wear regular clothes (t-shirt, shorts) and then they give you a suit to wear? do you have to wear a bathing suit?

Also about snorkeling, how does it work with glasses? can you wear glasses while snorkeling? what about with the helmet dive. can you wear glasses with that?

thanks for any replies in advance

regarding snorkeling, do you wear regular clothes (t-shirt, shorts) and then they give you a suit to wear? do you have to wear a bathing suit?

I'm assuming you're talking about going on a snorkeling excursion. We have only gone on our own but I guess you could wear shorts and a t-shirt rather than a swim suit. Are you asking about a wet suit? You shouldn't normally need a wet suit.

Also about snorkeling, how does it work with glasses? can you wear glasses while snorkeling? what about with the helmet dive. can you wear glasses with that?

Glasses don't normally fit in a snorkel mask but I've heard of people putting an old pair in the mask without the temples. DH is pretty nearsighted but he sees quite well in the water, there's something about the refraction of the water, so he's never had a problem seeing.

Yes, you can wear glasses with the helmet dive. If you Google Hartley's Hemet Dive, you'll get a good explanation and also a video......I think.:o

They don't give you a suit to wear! You wear your swimsuit.

No, you don't wear glasses while snorkeling. If you are only slightly nearsighted there is some magnification under water. If you are more nearsighted then you might consider buying a prescription mask. Since I am minus 3.75 I have a prescription mask. If you are minus 2 or less you should be okay with a non prescription mask. YMMV.

You can get prescription mask for about $72 delivered. For example, here: http://www.snorkel-mart.com . Or here: http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-SNORKELING-SCUBA-PRESCRIPTION-LENSES/dp/B000P97FU4 . I've been using one for a few years now (around -.7.5 on both eyes). The interpupillary distance appears to be off but the mask is usable (I suspect it is difficult to get the right interpupillary distance in a product like that). I've read somewhere that for underwater use the prescription needs to be reduced by a diopter or two (google it or talk to the salespeople).

You can go helmet diving with your glasses on. We offer wetsuits when the water is below 80F. When the water gets above 80F (mid June to early October) the wetsuits are no longer available. You must wear something under the wetsuit.

Archived