Oasis of the Seas - July 10th log/review

Treacher, no special promotion. Though I will say that I booked late (one month out) so maybe that helped. Just searched via kayak.com, which is a great search consolidator. Kayak pointed me to...and I ended up booking through hilton.com

I was also on the July 10th cruise. In terms of the physical nature of the ship, the Oasis of the Seas is an engineering masterpiece. However, the activities, shows and premium food offerings need a lot of fine tuning.

I'll write a more balanced, honest and unbiased review in a couple of days.

Day 7 - Fri July 16th

We woke up in the morning and I hit Guest Services to turn in my $10 internet credit coupons. I knew Guest Services would be packed on the last day. FYI...you need to turn in your internet credit coupons PRIOR to using the internet. I complained a bit and they made an exception and credited me back the 10 bucks. Tip, to avoid the hassle just turn them in the 1st day. My wife and I then headed to the Main Dining room breakfast. Today was the CHOCOLATE BREAKFAST day. We knew nothing about it...just lucked into it. It's a lot of good/sweet stuff. Don't worry, you can still get a normal breakfast if chocolate isn't your thing. After breakfast, I needed to get proof (pictures) of me on the Zip Line. I rode it 3 times that morning. FYI, in the early half of them morning you can ride the Zip Line almost all you want, as there is never a line at that time of day. After that, had to get my last taste of The Flowrider. I made pretty good progress over the week. My tip to all...put almost ALL your weight on your back foot. That is the key...and it didn't come naturally to me. At lunch we ventured down the Promenade and had a couple slices of Mexican pizza at Sorrento's. While finishing up, we realized we had never gotten a cupcake from the Cupcake Cupboard. We split one and it was pretty tasty. Next it was off to see the Come Fly With Me show. Another great show...amazing props/acrobats. Later in the afternoon, my wife tried to walk into (no reservations) a Cupcake decorating class. No dice, booked and everyone showed up. Once again...book this early in the week if you want to do it. I wanted one last swim and hung out on the Solarium pool for a while. Good festive crowd there! After that, we got cleaned up for dinner. Once again, we decided to skip Opus (Main Dining room). Don't know what it was, but neither of us were psyched to go to Opus for dinner. Maybe "My Time Dining" just didn't do it for us...really don't know. We decided to hit Viking Crown again before dinner. For dinner we decided to give Windjammer a try. Wow, it was casual, but very nice. It was pretty empty at 8:00PM and we sat right by a window. Very attentive staff. Surprisingly, I thought the food was great. I'm a fan of Indian food and they had a few really good dishes. One was Butter Chicken....a bit spicy as I like it and I had to go back for a 2nd helping of that. It was one of my favorite dishes of the week. After dinner we walked around the ship and then headed back to the room to pack. After putting our bags out, headed back out to the On Air Club for one last karaoke. I sang a song and had a blast. Following that, I wanted to see what Blaze looked like. I walked in, ordered a beer, and walked out. Kind of empty and not my scene, but I'm glad I got to see what it was like. Finished the beer on my way back to the room. Time to call it a night!

Day 8 - Sat July 17th

We woke up and hit Park Cafe for breakfast. WOW, this was great! Fresh Bagels/varied spreads/fruit/breakfast panini's. Glad I waited on this, as had I known about Park's breakfast I probably would not have tried as many breakfast places and gone there everyday. Grabbed a table and sat with a nice couple we had met at Giovanni's Thursday night. On our way back to the room, the flat screens by the elevator showed that our luggage tag numbers were ready. Got our remaining stuff out of our room and headed off the ship. In our taxi in 10 minutes.

--until next time!!

Can you tell me more about the chocolate breakfast? I can't believe I was on the ship the same week and didn't know anything about it. I didn't see it listed in the compass. Was it in the MDR? Buffet?

Bug18, Chocolate Breakfast was Friday morning Main Dining Room (Opus) on the a la carte side. Chocolate milkshakes, hot chocolate, chocolate pancakes, chocolate waffles (I had the waffles), chocolate muffins, and etc etc. As I said, we stumbled upon it...I didn't see it in the compass either.

Apparently 1200 people showed up to this breakfast on a recent cruise.

see link

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?tag=royal-caribbean-complimentary-chocolate-breakfast

Archived